Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chalazion Removal

Options
  • 10-04-2012 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi

I'm just wondering has anybody any experience of chalazon/eyelid cyst removal? I was referred to a consultant (took 9 months to see her) and am now on a waiting list of over a year to have it removed. It grew quite a bit in size and became painful over the weekend. Is there any way to get it removed quickly - present at A&E or can I pay clinic to remove it and if so, how much does that cost? If anyone has any experience with this I'd be grateful ot hear about it. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

I got a cyst removed off my eyelid before. Where abouts are you based? I got mine taken off at the Eye & Ear hospital in Dublin. They have an emergency department there, I'm not sure if that is the sort of thing that they would remove in their A&E but it's worth a shot. I saw a consultant there and got it taken off a while later.

Advertisement