Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Youthreach considered 'formal education'?

Options
  • 09-04-2012 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am applying to a few different FETAC Level 5 courses and am currently researching if I will qualify for Back To Education Allowance. I am on Jobseekers Allowance and will have been for over 3 months by the time I will be starting the course but the problem is that I'm only 20 (not 'at least 21'). So this means that, in order to qualify, I will need to have been out of 'Formal Education' for at least 2 years. I left Youthreach where I completed my FETAC level 4 in November 2012 and was wondering does anyone know if Youthreach is considered formal education or not? If it does, does anyone know if I have any hope of receiving BTEA because of the fact that it will be just under 2 years since I left there? Thanks so much for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

GOF wrote: »
    I am applying to a few different FETAC Level 5 courses and am currently researching if I will qualify for Back To Education Allowance. I am on Jobseekers Allowance and will have been for over 3 months by the time I will be starting the course but the problem is that I'm only 20 (not 'at least 21'). So this means that, in order to qualify, I will need to have been out of 'Formal Education' for at least 2 years. I left Youthreach where I completed my FETAC level 4 in November 2012 and was wondering does anyone know if Youthreach is considered formal education or not? If it does, does anyone know if I have any hope of receiving BTEA because of the fact that it will be just under 2 years since I left there? Thanks so much for any help :)

yes youthreach is considered formal education. you received a FETAC qualification from them, which is a formal qualification.

i think you have a typo in your post. you say you left youthreach when you finished your level 4 in nov 2012!!! do you mean 2011 or 2010?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GOF

Oh dear, yes I meant 2010 sorry!! Does anyone know if this means I won't be able to receive BTEA? I will only be short a month or 2 =S Thank you hdowney btw! =)

Advertisement