Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alzheimers

Options
  • 09-04-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

My mother is in early stages of Alzheimers and has gone missing a few times recently!

Wondering what sort of "tracking" device is available..........she can't use a mobile phone but I was thinking of getting her one that we could ring that would text us it's location!

Is there such a phone available or what other options are there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Something like the "wheres my droid?" app for android phones sounds like what you're looking for.

Havent used it myself so cant give any feedback on how good/bad it is. Im sure theres several other similiar apps out there.

Alternatively a phone with google maps and latitude turned on should also work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Android Forum if it's any help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

My dad has a tag on him that if he goes near the door the alarm well go off. But he is in a home. Maybe talk to your doctor or nearest nursing home and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Age Action might be able to help, or the alzheimers Association http://www.alzheimer.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ianlc

Hi captainchaos,

What did you eventually get to solve this issue?
    For my Dad we got him a cheap android phone & using the "where's my phone" feature on a desktop we can locate him if needs be. Granted the phone has to be in his possession, but this is a cheap fix.

Companies do wrist band tags (that look like jewelry) and they monitor them on GPS, but its pretty expensive & there's a monthly charge too.

Interested to hear how you get on.

Ian

• Advertisement
Advertisement