Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billiards

Options
  • 09-04-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I saw a bit of this on TV, three balls and no pockets.
    What are the rules and how do you score points?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

stoneill wrote: »

Caught some of it myself on Eurosport a few weeks back, it's basically the same as normal billiards, except with no pockets, so the only way to score points is through a series of cannons, it may look easy but having played billiards for a good number of years i can assure it's not.

Billiards is still popular but the three cushion billiards ie the billiards without pockets is really big across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I saw it too... it was three cushion billiards...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-cushion_billiards

Its a game of canonns, but before you score your cannon, your own cue ball has to hit off 3 cushions first. Crazy hard to do it. Its played on a 5' x 10' table, a foot smaller than a snooker table.

Muppet Man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 poolcues

stoneill wrote: »

The game you are talking about is the carom billiards. In 3 - cushion billiards the players rack up in a table with no pockets having a dimension of 5 feet x 10 feet. Each player will have one colored cue ball, which could either be a white or a yellow one, depending on who goes first. A third ball colored red, will be the object ball. A player then aims to hit the other two balls with his cue ball to score a point. However, before a player’s cue ball could come in contact with the second ball, it must hit three cushions or rails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Use to play a version of billiards with pockets but also with skittles, cant remember where it came or even the scoring rules but made a nice change from just snooker, snooker, snooker all the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 poolcues

3-cushion is one of the most difficult billiard games and it cannot be played without proper strategy. The first player who reaches a predetermined score wins the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement