Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VFC SCAR-L magazines?

Options
  • 09-04-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently I bought a VFC SCAR-L and was horrified to find that my beloved MAG Mid-Cap magazines don't feed correctly in my SCAR.

My previous main AEG was a TM M4 S-System, and the magazines all feed flawlessly in it so I know it is not a mag related issue. I don't wanna' sell them off as I still use the M4 from time to time.

My question is, Does anyone know what brand of mid-cap feeds flawlessly into the VFC SCAR? Right now I'm using the standard VFC Hi-Cap and a G&G Hi-Cap that a friend lent me but all that rattle annoys me ingame!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Evade

MAG mids feed properly in my VFC SCAR-L.

Is it new or second hand?

Does it double-feed or dry fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Evade wrote: »
    MAG mids feed properly in my VFC SCAR-L.

Is it new or second hand?

Does it double-feed or dry fire?

It's brand new, bought from Airsoft Eire about two weeks ago. It feeds, then dry fires, feeds, dry fires. It's inconsistent to say the very least, but the hi-caps as stated above how no problems at all.

Can the MAG mids move around more in the magwell than the other magazines (one without the protrusion like the one on the side of the VFC high-cap if possible)?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Typhon

Hey magic! I have the same AEG and have no issues with mid caps so far. I use the 85 round mids that airsofteire have and 120 round kings arms mids. Sounds like the springs in your mags might be sticking to me. Have you tried putting some lube in the feeder tune?

Can the MAG mids move around more in the magwell than the other magazines (one without the protrusion like the one on the side of the VFC high-cap if possible)?

I'll check this tomorrow, but as I recall they sit still in the magwell.
    Typhon wrote: »
    Hey magic! I have the same AEG and have no issues with mid caps so far. I use the 85 round mids that airsofteire have and 120 round kings arms mids. Sounds like the springs in your mags might be sticking to me. Have you tried putting some lube in the feeder tune?

I have not because these magazines feed 100% in my TM M4 S-System so why should I have to grease them/lube them for another brand? Surely if they feed in one gun 100% that would mean the magazine is feeding.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'll check this tomorrow, but as I recall they sit still in the magwell.
    There's some movement with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I have a VFC 416 and a SCAR-L. I run both with MAG, and D-Boy mags without trouble. I did have some initial issues with the SCAR though, double feeds and misfires. I sorted itself out with a little silicone on the gun, and I then I ran ran about 4-5 mags of BBs through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I use MAG mids in my VFC scars as well - no probs feeding at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Does it feed when you apply upward pressure to the mag? If so, the bb catch at the top of the mag might need to be shaved back by about 1mm.

There's some movement with mine.

I can confirm that there is some slight movement with the MAG brands in the magwell, but nothing that would raise concern with me. An adequate amount of wobble is how I would describe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Check the hop up chamber - some of the VFC hop up chambers can be malformed - they are cast slightly off, which can cause an awful lot of inconsistency.

Try out a couple of different mags just to be sure - if it's one thing everyone has, it's mags for M-series guns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Des fitz airsoft

Hey defenderdude by any chance are u selling your scar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Hey defenderdude by any chance are u selling your scar

serious face, calm down fella. if people want to sell their kit here they generally start a for sale thread in adverts.

BUMP!

Brought this into Hobby Airsoft and they kindly put King Arms, G&P and... another brand of mid cap through my SCAR using King Arm BBs. Everything shot fine, so I went home and swapped my BBs for the King Arms ones and hey-presto! Feeding magazines!

Cheers for all the help guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

BUMP!

Brought this into Hobby Airsoft and they kindly put King Arms, G&P and... another brand of mid cap through my SCAR using King Arm BBs. Everything shot fine, so I went home and swapped my BBs for the King Arms ones and hey-presto! Feeding magazines!

Just glad we could be of service! As I said in store, no point in shelling out for new mags when it was likely BB related :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

BUMP!

The King Arms Platinum Series BB's are quality I have to say:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Good to see you got sorted, i had a similar issue with mag metal mids but not the plastic ones i put a wrap of tape around the mag and they sit fine its a tiny little casting thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Arkslippy wrote: »
    Good to see you got sorted, i had a similar issue with mag metal mids but not the plastic ones i put a wrap of tape around the mag and they sit fine its a tiny little casting thing.

I have CA mids and their not feeding properly at all with my VFC Scar, just bought it 2 weeks ago. My mate has the MAG mids and they feed perfect with it. Quite annoying to say the least

Advertisement