Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Log

Options
  • 09-04-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Took a fairly sustained break from betting... changed my ways though and have been having some luck recently! Singles and the occasional double are the way to go :D

After some recent wealth via BUBBA (YOU LEGEND) winning the Masters I decided to take on a betting log so feel free to comment and bear with me as I embark on a journey of PROSPERITY!

Original thread title I know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Have a bank of 100e to dabble with, if things are going badly I'll jump ship and abandon betting once again before I lose all my money but I'm thinking positive ;)

Have been spying on the football betting thread recently and taken some ideas from the other betting logs for mine own. So, with my bank of 100e, I place my first bet on the Premier League today.

Newcastle in fantastic form. (BUT tiote is a big doubt) Still, at home Newcastle have only lost twice all season and St James is a fortress! Bolton struggling down at the bottom although they picked up 3 vital consecutive wins against relegation candidates QPR/Blackburn/Wolves. Bolton have only managed 3 clean sheets all season and I expect more of the same defending-wise today!

I'm gonna start with a moderate 15e stake to kick things off

Head is telling me to back the striker in fantastic form at the minute Papiss Cisse (7 in his last 4)

Boylesports have him @ 1/1. Thanks Boylesports! ;)

BUT I fancy Ben Arfa

Coming into his own at the minute, scored against Bolton earlier in the season in a 2-0 win and he has scored 2 in his last 5 outings.

Boyles have him @ 15/8

I can see Newcastle potentially getting 3+ goals out of today if they take their chances so I'm gonna go with my man :D

Bet 1:

H Ben Arfa Anytime 15/8
    Total Stake: 15
    Potential Returns: 43.12

Love this kid :D:D:D Some talent!

Bank: 128.12

Profit/Loss: +28.12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nice start, that was some goal

Damnnnnnnn should of backed both :D:D

I lack patience so I'm desperately trying to hold out to possibly two bets per week on bets I see as good value.

Have seen Chelsea play lately they have not been impressive, yet still pulling out results. Fulham have been hot and cold lately but I just think they might edge it. Fulham don't have a great record against Chelsea though.

Fulham narrowly lost to United and were denied a blatant peno in the last few minutes!

I'm trying to be patient but in the bank holiday spirit I've just stuck a tiny bet on

It was between Fulham Draw No Bet and Clint Dempsey anytime which I thought was decent value

I picked Fulham Draw No Bet @ 6/4 for my mini stake of 3.12 of today's profit:D

Total Stake: 3.12
    Potential Returns: 7.80

• Advertisement

Fulham were the better team imo but a draw at least means I get my stake back! Dempsey scores again he was @ 2/1 most places for anytime, generous odds considering he's lining up up top these days and bangin' em in!

Next bet of the week will most likely be Arsenal-related:D

So after Day 1, and 2 bets :

Bank: 128.12

Profit/Loss: +28.12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

Good start lad! Keep it up... :)

I was tempted by backing United -1 but just can't see past Arsenal, should win their game easily.. Wolves can't get anything right at the minute and if Arsenal pull out some of their top drawer football this could potentially be 3/4-0 imo.

Saw the RVP Wincast mentioned in the football betting thread @ 10/11 this looks very tempting. Paddy Power have it marked up as 8/11 :rolleyes: Also RVP 2+ & Walcott anytime but think I'll just stick with the RVP Wincast. Looks a great bet to me! :D

Total Stake: 20.00
    Potential Returns: 38.18

fairly accurate prediction right thurr 3-0 with rvp and walcott on the scoresheet:D;) although Wolves had a man sent off early on so got a birra luck!

thats 3 bets and my bank is lookin healthy :)

Bank: 146.30

Profit/Loss: +46.30

Found a single that I really like the look of for the coming week

On Boyles Barca Over 1.5 goals in the midweek game against Chelsea is 4/5, alternatively Barca to score in both halves is 8/5 at the minute.

Typically Barca score more goals at home in the Nou Camp but in their last 5 la liga away matches they have managed 2.40 per game.

Originally had the feeling that Chelsea would draw in Stamford Bridge because Barca wouldn't be going all out and then get humiliated in the Nou Camp but they've really been playing awful and don't see them keeping a clean sheet at all!

I really like the look of the Over 1.5 goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Luiz/Cahill pairing does not inspire confidence. Good Luck.

Probably worth a moderate stake unless I see something else I fancy between now and then. Boyles have the messi wincast at 21/20 too

Chelsea have grown into this weird habit of playing awful and grinding results(while getting some serious luck in the process). Were seriously outplayed by a 10 man Benfica yet came out 2-1 winners with a last minute Meireles strike. Were pretty lacklustre against Fulham and came out with a 1-1 draw after getting a penalty. Were lucky to grab a 2-1 win against Wigan and everyone knows about that offside winner.

They haven't conceded 2+ goals at home in the Champions League yet this season, that said, Benfica really should have scored 2+ (even with 10 men) and two of the sides were Genk and Leverkusen.

Last 5 home league games Chelsea have only conceded 0.80 goals per game but among these have been Wigan, Stoke and Bolton.

They ARE hard to break down. But a team of Barca's standards should put 2+ past them. If it was only one leg I would be extremely confident but have a slight niggling feeling Barca won't be ruthless in Stamford Bridge and that they'll score 1 goal, and then just pass around midfield with no purpose and be contempt to bring the tie back to Nou Camp and do the business there.

Barcelona are in action tonight away to Levante so will suss out after the game if there are any injuries or if their is a full squad. Chelsea in action tomorrow against Spurs in a FA Cup Semi-Final.. they'll be tired after that;);)

ff9999 wrote: »
    Chelsea have grown into this weird habit of playing awful and grinding results(while getting some serious luck in the process).

convincing enough scoreline but continue on their luck spree here with that second goal :eek: what an awful decision by the ref! what goes around comes around though;)

morale will be high in the chelsea camp, I'm having serious second thoughts. If Drogba pulls out a top performance he could be a real handful. Barcelona have el clasico appraoching at the weekend too! Feel free to comment on it if you're reading the log

I think this Chelsea team will be badly found out by Barca but whether it's just in the Nou Camp or Stamford Bridge as well I don't know

I'm bottling the above bet.. going to wait for the Nou Camp second leg to back Barca :D

For the weekend I'll prob be looking at Wigan's run to come to an end vs Fulham and 2nd playing 20th City away to Wolves.

City with 10 in their last 2 games are hitting early season form!

I'll prob post up a bet on City later tonight :D

ff9999 wrote: »
    I'm bottling the above bet.. going to wait for the Nou Camp second leg to back Barca :D

thankgod for that :D still 3 bets out of 3. Thought Drogba could potentially cause trouble and might pop up with a goal but didn't have the cojones to follow through with a bet

I have decided I'll have a bet on City at the weekend. They've been revitalised recently and playing some seriously attractive and clinical football in the last two games anyway.

Ladbrokes have Man City Over 2.5 goals @ 1/1. The handicap was tempting also but I just see this as a safer bet :D If City play anything like their last two outings this game could be the drubbing of the season imo

Closer to kickoff I may do an ambitious handicap bet ;)

Man City Over 2.5 goals 1/1
    Total Stake: 20
    Potential Returns: 40

Have decided to just stick with this bet for the day, I was tempted to just stick a 5er on the -3 @ ~4/1 but I'm happy enough with the 20 on City Over 2.5 Goals. :)

SCRATCH THAT

thanks PP :D facebook enhanced special City @ 1/1

another 20 stake :D

so 2 bets & 40 quid on the one game today!

City Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/1

City @ 1/1

didn't catch the game but 1 more goal from city and I'd have been looking at a profit of +86.30:(

could be worse! no difference in my bank, evens for the day

Bank: 146.30

+46.30

.... a shot whistled just clear of the top corner in the last minute, so so close.

I was lucky that I was actually online when the City enhanced special went up but one more goal would have been sawwwwweeeeeeeeeetttttt for the bankroll

For tonight, people may disagree, and it's an incredible long shot given current form, but I've had a little dabble on Barcelona -3

Barcelona (-3.0) 6/1

Total stake: 6.30
    Potential returns: 44.10

A punt that isn't really stats related whatsoever just have a feeling the game could go either way! and if it swings in Barcelona's favour they'll be dying to put on a show for the fans after conceding the La Liga title!

• Advertisement

When Barca went 2-0 I was so so confident about this!

When Messi stepped up for the peno I was quietly confident it would end up coming in! My first day of loss..

BUT that's why we love football :D

Bank: 140

+40

Advertisement