Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poem or Short Story

Options
  • 09-04-2012 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, I have a collection of my own poems and some short stories that I would love to be able to publish, but have no idea how to go about it. Would appreciate any help in this matter from readers here with experience of such. Thanking you all in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

When you say publish do you mean self publish or get published in a magazine? There are numerous self publishing websites, some offer package deals with the printing, others just print the books and let you go it alone. As for getting your poems published in a magazine, I am sorry to say, mostly from personal experience, you have a long road ahead full of set backs. The best thing I would recommend would be to send in pieces of your work to online competitions. If you were to win such competitions it works as a great boost for getting pieces published in magazines. But please if you get rejected don`t take it too hard. I have written several pieces that have gotten published in magazine, mostly local history, and if I had allowed myself to give up after my first few rejections I never would have gotten my approvals.

Advertisement