Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low standard Basketball Dublin?????

Options
  • 09-04-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I'm just enquiring into whether there's any basketball playing in Dublin to suit my rubbish standard.
    I'm in my 30s with a more than a few pounds on me and I'm looking for a game of basketball for a bit of craic and to help with the fitness.
    I haven't played properly since I was a kid and would love to get into it again.
    I've two other mates in the the same boat who would also be up for it, but we're not really looking for people who are NBA stars or take it way too seriously.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

check the sticky at the top off the forum. there is info there on a few games that are still active that would suit what your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

where you from or based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fluffduffy

HI

Im in the same boat but Am looking for a mixed or ladies team, to keep fit mainly and get back into playing the game, as its been 10 years since I have played. Somewhere on dublins northside would suit me but dont mind travelling! Do you know anywhere?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

Hey Fluff the girls team connected with our club would be ideal for you, but the season is over right now.

If you are interested contact the email address on the website and then the girls will get back to you as they might be doing some off season games/training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ickythump90

Hey, I'm also in the same boat! Looking to play just for fun and to keep fit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 K_B_C

Killester Basketball have girls team's at Div 1, Div 3 and Div 5. Killester also have a social team I mentioned in a previous post.

We are based in St Davids CBS, Artane and St Fintans in Sutton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FRANCISASKIN

godhatesme wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm just enquiring into whether there's any basketball playing in Dublin to suit my rubbish standard.
    I'm in my 30s with a more than a few pounds on me and I'm looking for a game of basketball for a bit of craic and to help with the fitness.
    I haven't played properly since I was a kid and would love to get into it again.
    I've two other mates in the the same boat who would also be up for it, but we're not really looking for people who are NBA stars or take it way too seriously.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

In the same position myself, used to play years ago but really want to get back onto a court for the craic, I'd be around for a weekly game if theres one going?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭acc grinds

Game in rivervalley community centre Mondays 8pm to 9pm.

Its low standard, come along we could do with the extra people

Advertisement