Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catchphrase possibly returning to ITV?

Options
  • 08-04-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭

I always watched the series presented by Roy Walker as I was very young. I felt he was a legend at presenting it. The theme tune and the set was great for the time as well.

What did you think of the last format yourselves? I watched a few episodes myself but I wasn't mad into it as the set was too bright and the two other presenters were brutal.

http://tv-live.org.uk/wp/index.php/2012/03/16/catch-phrase-to-return/

Do you like the prospect of it playing the game online whenever we get the opportunity?

I don't know about the format itself being 'updated'; but to what extent is that happening? The set and a proper presenter to match Roy Walker's qualities has potential in making it a great success in reforming the success IMO.

I know it will be a different face; But Roy is the only one who made it great IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

it was no Going For Gold, but it had its moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

it was cack

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Its good, but its not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,356 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just watching it now on TV3 with Stephen Mulhern as host he isn't too bad

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just watching it now on TV3 with Stephen Mulhern as host he isn't too bad

Yea he's good, he really likes to mock the contestants which makes for good viewing! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

New series on Sunday nights now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,334 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Please tell me people are watching Celebrity Catchphrase on TV3 right now? They've David Hayes, Andrea from Loose Women supposedly, never heard of her before but seen her a couple of days ago on The Chase and lastly Louis Walsh. I've never seen a more braindead group of people. It's pathetic. Honestly you need to see it to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

sligeach wrote: »
    Please tell me people are watching Celebrity Catchphrase on TV3 right now? They've David Hayes, Andrea from Loose Women supposedly, never heard of her before but seen her a couple of days ago on The Chase and lastly Louis Walsh. I've never seen a more braindead group of people. It's pathetic. Honestly you need to see it to believe it.

Ah for feck sake why did I listen to you. Switched over to +1 and you were right.

Never ever going get that time back

Advertisement