Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York for Running Gear

Options
  • 08-04-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I'm heading to NYC in a few weeks with himself. Plan to do a little bit of shopping. Have you shopped in NY for running stuff? Holding off buying any summer gear and am hoping to buy one pair at least of runners.
    If you've been there what shops would you recommend? Are there bargains to be had with the exchange rate or does it work out the same?
    We won't be going outlet shopping or anything.

Thanks in advance

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yeah, you can get very good deals. Running shoes in the US generally cost around the $100 - $110 mark (plus local taxes), so when you convert that to € it's a solid saving. SportsAuthority and ParagonSports were the two big names at the NYC marathon expo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

+1 on paragon sports. Great variety of labels. Be prepared to spend hours there and lots of cash. I am very jealous. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Nules10 wrote: »
    Be prepared to spend hours there and lots of cash.

I am completely prepared to do this. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's been an aim of mine for some time. :D:D I'm like a teenager saving my pocket money the last few months ;)

Advertisement