Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evens Challenge.

Options
  • 08-04-2012 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

So I had decided last night that I was going to take a 2 month break from gambling. However, I've changed my mind as I do enjoy the whole gambling experience. I won't be gambling as much or investing as much time as I normally do.

To keep myself occupied, I'm going to attempt the evens challenge. I think I'll follow the following plan:

1) €5 x 2 = €10.
    2) €10 x 2 = €20.
    3) €20 x 2 = €40.
    4) €40 x 2 = €80. (-€30)
    5) €50 x 2 = €100.
    6) €100 x 2 = €200. (-€50)
    7) €150 x 2 = €300. (-€100)
    8) €200 x 2 = €400. (-€150)
    9) €250 x 2 = €500.
    10) €500 x 2 = €1,000.

Ten consecutive winning bets wins me a total of €1,330.

Discipline and patience aren't exactly my strong points, so I will probably be making a bet a day at the beginning, at least until the bank grows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

Attempt 1 - Bet 1.

Newcastle vs. Bolton.
    Newcastle to win @1.61.

I've been a big fan of Newcastle this season and they've had a magnificent season so far. Newcastle have been very impressive recently and have won four of their last five games. Newcastle are in with an outside chance of a top four finish, and although they more than likely won't finish in the Champions League spots, they will put up a good fight. A win this afternoon will put pressure on Chelsea and Tottenham who are both playing today.

I watched Newcastle beat Swansea 2-0, despite not having much of the ball, they were damn clinical. Cisse is an absolute beast up front and I can't see Bolton being able to stop him. Newcastle's front three of Ben Arfa, Ba, and Cisse are lethal and will cause every defence in the league massive problems, and they should have plenty of fun tormenting Bolton's fragile defence.

Bolton have been playing well recently, with three wins on the bounce lifting them outside of the relegation zone, before suffering a 3-0 defeat to Fulham on Saturday. I feel that defeat to Fulham has dented Bolton's momentum and the last team they will want to be facing is a Newcastle side full of confidence and goals.

Newcastle won the return fixture 2-0 at the Reebok and I will be surprised if they can't at least replicate that scoreline today. Actually just saw there that Cabaye and Tiote are doubtful for today, which may explain the price, but I still think Newcastle will have too much for Bolton today.

Swindon vs. Northampton.
    Swindon to win @1.50.

Swindon have been flying high in League 2 under Paolo Di Canio and look good value to go on and win the league. Today, they host mid-table struggler's Northampton. The County Ground has been an absolute fortress for Swindon this season. They have an excellent record here and are extremely solid, with six clean sheets in their last six home games.

Northampton have nothing left to play for, as they are safe from relegation, so they shouldn't cause too many problems for a Swindon side who will want to secure automatic promotion and the league title as soon as possible.

€5 - Both to win @2.42.

Attempt 1 - Bet 1.

Newcastle 2 -0 Bolton. Win!

Swindon 1 - 0 Northampton. Win!

Paddy Power are taking their time giving me my winnings, so I'll have to give the 5.30 kick-offs a miss.

Attempt 1 - Bet 2.

Fulham vs. Chelsea.
    €10 - First goal after 29th minute @2.00.

Match about to kick-off so I won't write much. Doesn't tend to be many early goals in Chelsea games these days so hopefully that will continue today.

Attempt 1 - Bet 2.

29 Minutes: Fulham 0 - 0 Chelsea.
    Half-Time: Fulham 0 - 1 Chelsea.

First goal after the 29th minute. Win!

Attempt 1 - Bet 3.

Detroit Pistons At Orlando Magic.
    Orlando Magic to win @1.28.

Oklahoma City Thunder At Milwaukee Bucks.
    Oklahoma City Thunder to win @1.58.

Might end up regretting leaving the football, but ah well.

€20 - Both to win @2.01.

• Advertisement

Attempt 1 - Bet 3.

Orlando Magic 119 - 89 Detroit Pistons. Win!

Milwaukee Bucks 89 - 109 Oklahoma City Thunder. Win!

Two comfortable wins that never looked in doubt.

Up to €40 now. 7 bets to go...

Attempt 1 - Bet 4.

Delhi Daredevils vs. Chennai Super Kings.
    Chennai Super Kings to win @1.72.

Brighton vs. Reading.
    Over 1.5 goals @1.33.

I'm so stupid. I just bet on cricket. I know nothing about cricket. :rolleyes:

€40 - Both to win @2.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Following this :)

maybe you should screenshot the bets tho just to prove its real :)

Scody94 wrote: »
    Following this :)

maybe you should screenshot the bets tho just to prove its real :)

Bad time to start following. ;)

Knew I should have stayed away from what I don't know. :o

I can post screenshots if needed but I don't know why it wouldn't be real?

Advertisement