Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX360: screen capture or pvr/recorder

Options
  • 08-04-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

i am looking for a screen capture hardware device because i wanna record my gameplay could anyone suggest a cheap place to buy one or an alternative?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 argantrees

The cheapest way I know of is buying a TV tuner card for a desktop computer. You can get one of these for peanuts but you're stuck with standard definition. The software that usually comes with them is usually pretty bad so I would just let the drivers install automatically and use Virtual Dub to capture the stream (File -> Capture Avi).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stemanic

Hi, I recently bought a Roxio game capture card which can record Xbox & PS3 gameplay. You plug it directly into your composite cable and then a USB to your PC or laptop. It also comes with some basic video editor software.
    The drawback in this is that it only records in 480p but you can improve the output slightly thru some quick editing. So if your not pushed about capturing in HD this is your piece of kit otherwise your looking a few quit more. This ran me $99 and $10 delivery so about €85

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/overview.html

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I know of a few friends using a Hauppage HDPVR. Their price has dropped in recent weeks on pixmania: linky winky

Advertisement