Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maschine get together?

Options
  • 08-04-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, just throwing an idea out to see if there is any interest.

Basically Im thinking of hosting a bit of a maschine lecture of sorts.

The idea would be have me with a projector and all my gear going through some tips and techniques i use to make my tracks. If there was enough interest in it and it was successful enough Id probably focus in on different stuff each week, for example have one week focusing on bass lines one for perc etc. It would be mainly geared towards house and techno, but if there is enough demand for it id go over some techniques for garage/bass music aswell.

So just kinda wondering if i could get the numbers down to make it worth while. It would be totally free and would probably take place in my mates pub in town on some weekday evening.

I know that there isnt too many people that use the maschine so thats why im wondering. Id say there would also be value in people attending that dont use the maschine as I would be covering a lot of general stuff that could be applied to any daw.

So guys what do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

SteveDon wrote: »

So guys what do you reckon?

Sounds awesome! Where would this be located?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

More than likely the dark horse inn near tara street dart station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NinjaNinja

I thought the Maschine was just a controller/sampler? How can you make music with it?

Its much more than that

Its pretty much a daw these days as it can host 3rd party vsts.

This is the kinda stuff i make using it exclusively

http://www.beatport.com/release/forward/866881

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Yep....I'll be there.

To see the Steve Maschine in action.

Operating....Generating....New Life

• Advertisement

krd wrote: »
    Yep....I'll be there.

What kinda stuff would u like to see covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

be interested in that too Steve

reckon there'd be a few here too https://www.facebook.com/groups/348469280829/ interested too... I know a fair few on that group use maschine

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I dont use Maschine but still very interested in attending if that'd be ok? After a number of years Ive managed to convince myself my current setup and gear is working just fine for me and I can live without Maschine....I could see this changing rapidly with something like this :p

romarr wrote: »
    be interested in that too Steve

reckon there'd be a few here too https://www.facebook.com/groups/348469280829/ interested too... I know a fair few on that group use maschine

Hmm this is were having a personal facebook would come in handy! cant seem to post there off my artist page, could someone please maybe post a link to this thread on the group?

Splinters wrote: »
    I dont use Maschine but still very interested in attending if that'd be ok? After a number of years Ive managed to convince myself my current setup and gear is working just fine for me and I can live without Maschine....I could see this changing rapidly with something like this :p

Of course everyone is welcome, maschine or not!

I mean alot of the stuff ill be going over will easily be able to be applied to other DAWs.

What kinda stuff would you like to see me cover?

• Advertisement

Id be happy enough with Maschine. Im an Ableton guy myself and have a pretty solid knowledge of most sides of it. Im always looking for new ways to improving my workflow and get ideas down so Id just be happy to get a fuller understanding of Maschine and see where (notice Im not saying "if", haha I knew this would happen) Maschine could fit into my workflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Omega28

I don't have Maschine and I'm only getting into Music Production

would it still be ok to attend?

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    I don't have Maschine and I'm only getting into Music Production

would it still be ok to attend?

Of course, everyone is welcome. I understand that not alot of people own a maschine at the moment.

What kinda stuff would you like to see covered?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

What kinda stuff would u like to see covered?

I don't know......You could show in what way it's more like an instrument than a DAW.

Say. build a track quickly with it. Tap in the rhythms....get something interesting going.

Show it's intuitiveness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im only after getting a maschine and only starting off, would you recommend for to come along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Would be interested to kind of reenergise my interest in it, I just find that it doesn't really suit my workflow, more comfortable using FL when doing stuff.

A V A wrote: »
    im only after getting a maschine and only starting off, would you recommend for to come along?

Definitely come along... im gonna try my best to cater for all levels.

Any idea when this might be, if not no bother. Just making sure Im available as it sounds right up my alley.

Splinters wrote: »
    Any idea when this might be, if not no bother. Just making sure Im available as it sounds right up my alley.

Realistically prob in a months time

Does anyone know of any good free sound/screen capture software for mac?

• Advertisement

As in for sampling songs from the internet and ones playing through the computer? Soundflower if so.

flyswatter wrote: »
    As in for sampling songs from the internet and ones playing through the computer? Soundflower if so.

No not that kinda thing. Looking for something that will let me record my screen and audio so i can post a lesson up on youtube maybe?

flyswatter wrote: »

No not that kinda thing. Looking for something that will let me record my screen and audio so i can post a lesson up on youtube maybe?
    Camtasia?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I think there's an option in quicktime player to do it, if you have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I'd love this as I'm finding it pretty difficult to finish anything properly on Maschine. I understand I should probably get used to Ableton Live for actually composing tracks, but I really struggle with it after using FL Studio for so long.

Just a quick update on this, this will go ahead, just waiting to get the money together to upgrade my laptop.

4gs of ram just does cut it for the maschine anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Getting Maschine on Friday.. Anything i should look out for when buying (secondhand)?

Advertisement