Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Div 5 Basketball Dublin?

Options
  • 08-04-2012 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I was wondering about the standard of Div5 Basketball in Dublin?

I played Irish schools basketball U15A, U16A & U19A & college for IT Tallaght but gave it up at 21 to play soccer for the last 10 yrs.

I'd love to get back in to it now & have been researching it.. The DMBB and the Dublin Clubs with teams in Div 5 looks really well organised.

I'm 31 now however & worried that that standard may be too high for me or the age group is much younger.

I see the seasons just over last week so I cant even check in on a Div5 game..

Also the off-season seems to be quite long.. Do the clubs just shut down now untill August?

Any advice here would be appreciated before i look to contact a club

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

clubs shut down pretty much till august ya. div5 is the lowest standard available in dublin. if you have played and were decent then you could probably manage div 3. plenty off clubs around but templeogue or lucan would be the closest to you if your tallaght based. check the sticky at the top off the page if you want to check out some off the social games..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

hey if your just getting back into things were starting a open scrimage tonight. Its northside (just bearly) but come along if your interested details are in the thread below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78065562#post78065562

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

div 5 is a VERY poor standard......P!ss poor - go for div 3 minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Close shave

I suggest you look at the leagues on the DMBB site and this may help you decide. There is clubs who want to win at any cost!!! and I would advice keeping clear of them. Basketball should be enjoyable for all ages. Clondalkin Lions, Eanna, St Marks, Inchicore on the Southside, On the Northside Tolka,Killester,Nomads, Coolmine. Best of luck in you choice.

Advertisement