Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moroccan bits and pieces

Options
  • 08-04-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

My wife and I are travelling around Morocco for a while, and we're blogging about it over at www.moglander.com. I used to be pretty active on this forum, but not been about for a while. I thought it would be fun to post up a few photos though for old times sake.

#1 Reflections of Marrakech
    MERV3101.jpg

#2 Old truck from a salt mine
    MERV2037-Edit1.jpg

#3 Friendly locals
    MERV2090.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Nice images..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

#1 is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Love d first one as well.
    The other two are fine but run of the mill, nothing memorable about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Nice images, I like them and especially #1.
    Having read through the blog I would say there is a lot that is memorable about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

Love no. 1 and no. 3 is just adorable... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Love the first one.....looks like the "man in the mirror" is sitting on the crossbar of the bicycle.
    Brill......

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

Thanks for the comments folks!

And yes, there is probably a bit of "attachment" to the images that stops me having a colder more analyticial view of the images, but that's what boards gives!

IMG_1604.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irene818

Well done with these lovely images, mervifwdc! I agree with others that #1 is unique and I got hypnotized watching it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Very nice Merv, pity the sky blew out in the last one with the Mule

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

I no its probably not but the photo with the donkey looks as if the donkey has been photoshoped in! Just not very natural looking. jUst think it is the angle of which the photo has been taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

The donkey one is real alright, and a bit of a joke. There are loads of similar shots of donkeys looking over stone walls in the west of Ireland, so I was doing a moroccan version - more as a bit of humour than anything else. I pushed the exposure up pretty hard to see some detail in the face, and the sky paid for it. It did'nt bother me as it was a bit of a skit photo.

But I really appreciate folks taking a look!

MERV0958.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

#1 is fantastic

agree - the first image is wonderfull -

Advertisement