Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Free 3.0 and Lunar Racer

Options
  • 07-04-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Anyone used them? And a long shot, anyone used them and lunar racers.. how do they compare to each other?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Love the 3.0, couldn't go back to regular runners now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Love the 3.0, couldn't go back to regular runners now.

I presume sizing is the same as all other Nike runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have 2 pairs of 3.0s. Uber comfortable.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I presume sizing is the same as all other Nike runners?

Couldn't say, I switched from Asics.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Just spotted a pair of Nike free in lifestyle today. The they are all blue and says they are exclusive to lifestyle...

Are they the Nike 3.0? They looked and felt fantastic, I am really tempted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I see from the Nike website that the Nike Free come in 3 models depending on how much support/barefoot style you want. They recommend starting at the Free 5.0 if you are new to barefoot style running, then moving to the 4.0 and 3.0 with more experience. Anyone any experience of this?

Also would it be foolish to get a pair of Nike Free runners to use from time to time while keeping to normal cushioned trainers for most of my mileage and racing, or is this asking for trouble? In other words, does your running style change with these free running style shoes?

Thanks

I suppose a phased change is sensible. I jumped straight out of standard Asics into the Free 3.0. Other than being a bit shaken up on the first long run I've only found benefits from the change. Might not be the same for everyone.

nellocono wrote: »
    Just spotted a pair of Nike free in lifestyle today. The they are all blue and says they are exclusive to lifestyle...

Are they the Nike 3.0? They looked and felt fantastic, I am really tempted

They would have 3.0 on the sole, and on the side of the sole. Both around the heal area. Not sure they are 3.0 if advertised as exclusive to Lifestyle, as I have seen blue 3.0s on amazon and wiggle

As well as 5/4/3.0s, there is also one called Nike Free Run, or Run Free. It might have been them that you seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

irish-stew wrote: »
    They would have 3.0 on the sole, and on the side of the sole. Both around the heal area. Not sure they are 3.0 if advertised as exclusive to Lifestyle, as I have seen blue 3.0s on amazon and wiggle

As well as 5/4/3.0s, there is also one called Nike Free Run, or Run Free. It might have been them that you seen.

I think Free Run are what they call 5.0 now?

They were these ones below in light blue colour. Not sure where they are getting the exclusive to Lifestyle idea from but it was definitely tagged on :confused:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/nike-free-run-plus-3-shoes/?pr=964

Anyway, they definitely felt very nice shoe, light and the upper felt lovely and soft. Really want them, but have bought too many new shoes lately that I cant wear for fear of f**king myself up for the marathon...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭tonyangelino

re Nike free 3.0
    Talking to one of the shop lads in Blanch Lifestyle today-They had a training course in Santry stadium yesterday by Nike including video recordings from running in these and then comparing to standard runners etc. Seems lifestyle are really going to promote these.

im somewhat confused.

Whats the difference between nike free 3 and nike free run + 3 ?

They were these ones below in light blue colour. Not sure where they are getting the exclusive to Lifestyle idea from but it was definitely tagged on :confused:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/nike-free-run-plus-3-shoes/?pr=964

Anyway, they definitely felt very nice shoe, light and the upper felt lovely and soft. Really want them, but have bought too many new shoes lately that I cant wear for fear of f**king myself up for the marathon...:o

They're 5.0s. Use the the zoom function on the Wiggle Website. 5.0 around the side heal.

im somewhat confused.

Whats the difference between nike free 3 and nike free run + 3 ?

'+' have the slot in the insole for the apple ipod tracker device thingy ma jiggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Ceepo

irish-stew wrote: »
    '+' have the slot in the insole for the apple ipod tracker device thingy ma jiggy.

Different runner's altogether.
    Nike come in different no's 3, 5, 7 as far as i know. And also there used to be Free everyday.The difference been the level of cushion,3 been the lightest.
    Then Free and Everyday became Free run.

Then NEWER VERSION Free run +2 and now Free run + 3.

The Free 3 is still on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm thinking of getting the thinest version. I've been using 5 fingers for the last year. Worked out great until I tried a half marathon on a harsh road (Connemarathon). I'd only been training on trails and softer ground. So I'm thinking about these as something between 5 fingers and a traditional shoe for the Dublin marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Any recommendations on the best place the pick up the Free Run 3's? Most places online are showing the Free Run 5's (version 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I ended up getting fitted with the 5.0's then ordering the 3.0's online from the Nike store.

Advertisement