Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about recovery after quitting the smokes...

Options
  • 07-04-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Heya,

I stopped smoking about three weeks ago (14/3) and am going well but just concerned that my body isn't bouncing back as I'd hoped...

Unlike other quit attempts, I didn't find that I had a lot of phlegm in the mornings. In fact, this time I haven't gone through that horrible period of ejecting all the shi@e from my chest.

I don't think that my sense of smell has improved either. My nose feels a bit blocked up and pretty much the same as how it felt when I was on the fags. Similarly, I don't think my sense of taste has improved much (on other quit attempts these were both heightened within days).

I'm not craving cigarettes but I am very irritable lately (for at least the last month). After three weeks could this still be nicotine withdrawal?

FYI I'm 28 and used to smoke 20 a day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Light exercise like a brisk walk/slow jog is perfect for purging your system, push as hard as you can and trust me it will hurt a little and you will feel ehavily winded afterwards but it will get that gunk out of your lungs (they will feel raw afterwards though)

The first problem a person quitting faces in the first few weeks of quitting is you suffer all the drawbacks of quitting without any of the long term gains, this approach just gets the system to speed up abit.

You won't notice your system being free of nicotine for 2 months or so, until then you just have to fight the cravings (its just a chemical thing and it will go away)

Advertisement