Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very slow to get into the game

Options
  • 07-04-2012 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 53,906 ✭✭✭✭

So what would the average wait time to join a game for you? Somes I get stuck at the joining game part and if I get past that part I takes me 1-2 mins to actually get into the game which is a load of crap tbh

I had similar problem when bf3 came out first but I got slightly better over time but now its taking the piss.

I havent played BF3 for quite along time and just thought id fire it up tonight for the craic and its so much hassle for me to get into a game

Anyone got some idea of what I can do to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Headshot wrote: »
    So what would the average wait time to join a game for you? Somes I get stuck at the joining game part and if I get past that part I takes me 1-2 mins to actually get into the game which is a load of crap tbh

I had similar problem when bf3 came out first but I got slightly better over time but now its taking the piss.

I havent played BF3 for quite along time and just thought id fire it up tonight for the craic and its so much hassle for me to get into a game

Anyone got some idea of what I can do to fix this?

Which platform are you playing on ?
    On Pc the vanilla maps take an age to load in comparison to the B2K maps for me anyway,
    I only have 4gb or Ram tho, some users have said that an upgrade to 8gb improved loading speeds ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have this happen to me as well. Takes ages to load any map, and i've got 8gb ram. I find it seems to load quicker for me if i don't wait for the game to pop-up automatically, and i just click the battlefield icon. It loads the game, but it's still loading the map. Seems to go quicker then if i just wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,906 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My specs are i5, 8gb ram and 2 570s

Takes the piss why it takes so long to get into a game with those specs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

It pissed me off so much that I bought an SSD,best thing you can do.
    Still since the patch I noticed the load times are a bit longer

Phenom II 1090T
    8gb ram
    60gb agility 3
    2 x 6870's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Upgrading to an SSD is the biggest general boost you can give a gaming PC these days. Having a normal HD as your main drive in a gaming PC is like putting a caravan on a ferrari.

I just did a quick comparison there between my storage drives and my system SSD drive and my SSD reads at 190 megabytes per second while my old storage drives read at 50-66 megabytes a second. So, in theory BF3 loads 4 times faster with my setup and in your case that could mean loading times of 30 seconds rather than 2 minutes.

My SSD would be even faster if I was using SATA3 but my SATA3 controller is crap

I used this tool to run the tests (get the free version midway down the page): http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

5-10 seconds loading max, SSD here too.

I was told port forwarding my help me

Iv gotten this far

QgyKa.png
    From EA site

If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
    TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
    UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

Is the pic right so far? im unsure what I put in the application and the box beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can you specify the exact model ?...I believe THIS site will help you, just check up your model, and there is a detailed guide

http://portforward.com/

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can you specify the exact model ?...I believe THIS site will help you, just check up your model, and there is a detailed guide

http://portforward.com/

You need to pay for that

there is a paid app but they give free instructions too, have another look, it's the best site for all that info. Click on the router list and scroll down to your model

You've done well witht he port forwarding, I assume you have confirmed that 192.168.1.100 is the ip address of your PC? The application option is only a user defined label so dont worry about that, you can call it bf3-1, bf3-2 etc if you want

Let us know how you get on

• Advertisement

Thanks Jumbo iv that done that

osPYA.png

I do find it strange that its protocol is all instead of TCP or UDP

Is there away to check if the settings work?

edit

I also get this message when I save the name1

not sure does it make a difference
    Tumdh.png

Your first screenshot shows TCP and UDP rather than "All" so I dont know what you've done there. I wouldnt worry too much for now while you are testing as all you've done is opened up the correct ports and some extra ones. Please change it back afterwards though as it's not the most secure thing to be doing.

I wouldnt go near port 80, it's only used for web browsing traffic and should be left on it's default setting (i.e. dont manually open it). EA only list it because it's needed to access battlelog i think (which most firewalls allow by default anyway)

Anyway, try BF3 and see if it improves things and if not, delete off all those port forwarding rules because I suspect that it's not going to help.

There is a known fix which involves turning off upnp which might be a better place to start. Let us know what router you are using too and send on a link to that EA site as well please

Your first screenshot shows TCP and UDP rather than "All" so I dont know what you've done there. I wouldnt worry too much for now while you are testing as all you've done is opened up the correct ports and some extra ones. Please change it back afterwards though as it's not the most secure thing to be doing.

I wouldnt go near port 80, it's only used for web browsing traffic and should be left on it's default setting (i.e. dont manually open it). EA only list it because it's needed to access battlelog i think (which most firewalls allow by default anyway)

Anyway, try BF3 and see if it improves things and if not, delete off all those port forwarding rules because I suspect that it's not going to help.

There is a known fix which involves turning off upnp which might be a better place to start. Let us know what router you are using too and send on a link to that EA site as well please

I change it to all because portforward said too

So regarding port 80, should I delete that ?

Ill try bf3 in a min and in the mean time here's my router TP Link TD-W8961ND

No change tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

reduce your graphic settings and you will see a difference but at a price :(

yeah, didnt think it would work, hard drives are slow.

Did you try turning off upnp in your router? It's meant to be a fix for people who get disconnected but it might help your problem too. Make sure you put all your port forwarding settings back to normal as well

Advertisement