Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test Route in Carrick-On-Shannon

Options
  • 06-04-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

have my driving test coming up very soon!
    was wondering if anyone knows any routes?
    huge thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

pjash wrote: »
    have my driving test coming up very soon!
    was wondering if anyone knows any routes?
    huge thanks in advance

Mine was a good few years ago so I don't know if the route has changed much since then:

Started at the test centre beside Garda Station, travelled out onto the "bypass" by the social welfare building. Went left and travelled towards the roundabout. took the second exit and travelled over to the Community School. Left again and up the hill. Took a right and over towards the hospital. Did my reverse turn on the road up to the water tower beside the hospital. Then went back down to the tesco roundabout (No roundabout there at the time) and back into town. Turned right where Murtagh's bar is now and up park lane. Kids kicked a football out in front of me in front of the fire station and I had to brake hard not to hit them as they ran out after the football. Thought i had failed. Continued up by the pitch. Took a left and went up st patrick's park. Turned right at the top of it and did my 3 point turn. Went back down to main street, down bridge street and turned left at Coffey's and went straight back to the test centre. Passed first time.

Best advice that i can give you is to have done at least 2 lessons a week before to get out of any bad habits that you may have. I recommend brendan from Mulvehill School of Motoring!!

Advertisement