Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Suggestions for 3.7V box mod

  • #1
    Registered Users Posts: 984 newmark


    Does one have any suggestions for a regulated box mod 3.7v that takes an 18650 battery. Ideally one with a bit of protection built in, 510 connection and reasonably priced? I want it to be a handy size also and fairly tough as I want to use it for going out and about.


Comments



  • i have ordered the touchwood
    will be another week or so till it arrives
    the reviews have been excellent about it




  • locater7 wrote: »
    i have ordered the touchwood
    will be another week or so till it arrives
    the reviews have been excellent about it
    Hi locator7. Any chance u could post a link of it so i can get a look.




  • I am just researching 3.7V mods at the moment but for looks it would be near impossible to beat that as it looks class. I love the way a tank sits on it as well.




  • not regulated though...


  • Advertisement


  • http://www.britvapes.co.uk/Argento/p1204754_5844686.aspx

    I've ordered this one for now as , they are only €24.24 delivered and are getting good reviews on ukvapers so said I'd chance it, cant go wrong for the money. It isn't regulated but will keep me going until I save the bobs for a nice regulated one.




  • I got the Argento today and I think its a great yolk for the price of it and its performing very well so far.

    There's a very nice vape with it, much better than ego battery's as I was using an ego battery for the last couple of days with the DCT, CE4 and mini-sub tank and I could immediately see a massive difference when I tried them with the Argento. The battery rattles a bit alright as the tube is wide, but I'm sure I'll be able to sort that with the right oring around the battery.

    I took some pics to share as I think it really suits the tanks especially the DCT one.

    Argento with DCT Tank

    [img][/img]c3759_thumb.jpg

    Argento with Mini-Sub Tank

    [img][/img]164aa_thumb.jpg

    Argento with CE4

    [img][/img]8b878_thumb.jpg




  • did you get two of them? one black one silver?




  • That argento looks pretty slick, i must say! :)
    That mini subtank is tasty lookin too! :)




  • did you get two of them? one black one silver?

    Nah, I was just thrown out of the kitchen by the wife after taking the first shot as I was blocking the pathway to the kettle hee hee, so I took the other pics in different light and it looks black over the counter top as well.:D


  • Advertisement


  • eeloe wrote: »
    That argento looks pretty slick, i must say! :)
    That mini subtank is tasty lookin too! :)

    Yea I think the mini-sub is a great little tank, I'd never part with it. I'm going to get its big brother as well the sub-tank in the near future hopefully.




  • ****ing typical...was gonna try order one of these, cus for the price, ya couldn't really go wrong...

    and bam, outa stock!

    FAIL!




  • eeloe wrote: »
    ****ing typical...was gonna try order one of these, cus for the price, ya couldn't really go wrong...

    and bam, outa stock!

    FAIL!

    They will be back in stock soon as I just seen a post he made on facebook a few minutes ago about them. If you hold off he gives out 20% off discount codes on FB and I'll let you know when I see it or if your on FB just like Britvapes and you will see for yourself. With the 20% off code it works out at less than €20 with free delivery from uk. Could be a handy backup for you as you already have the 18650 batterys and charger.




  • Nice one Pal! :)

    for 20euro it'd be handy to have sitting there, ya know :)




  • The eGo Mod 18650 has a new control unit now.
    Regulated at 3.3v or have it in unregulated mode.

    €14 delivered, the one i have works a treat with a protected battery and using a eGo charger to charge it.

    http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-460.html
    http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-403.html




  • derra wrote: »
    The eGo Mod 18650 has a new control unit now.
    Regulated at 3.3v or have it in unregulated mode.

    €14 delivered, the one i have works a treat with a protected battery and using a eGo charger to charge it.

    http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-460.html
    http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-403.html

    I never knew ego did an 18650 mod its amazing how cheap some of them are and would be very handy to be able to charge with the ego charger.
    I wander does it give out the 3.7V unregulated have you ever measured it under load or heard reports from anyone who has?




  • newmark wrote: »
    I never knew ego did an 18650 mod its amazing how cheap some of them are and would be very handy to be able to charge with the ego charger.
    I wander does it give out the 3.7V unregulated have you ever measured it under load or heard reports from anyone who has?

    This is the latest control unit, the one i got a couple weeks back is 3.3v regulated.
    Only way of finding out the voltage on eGo batteries is with an oscilloscope as it uses pulse technology.

    This one has regulated and unregulated voltage settings.

    So it's either 3.3v constant or a freshly charged battery draining down from 4.15V to 3.6V which i prefer to stay away from, the vape is not consistent.

    It's explained in the link anyway what it can do..
    http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-460.html




  • I had a proper look through it there and I'm thinking of getting one because it will be very handy to plug it into the wall to charge it or the car.
    Do you think I'll get away with using a protected smoktech battery with it, the same one that IV sell or do I need to get the ones they have specified?
    derra wrote: »
    This is the latest control unit, the one i got a couple weeks back is 3.3v regulated.
    Only way of finding out the voltage on eGo batteries is with an oscilloscope as it uses pulse technology.

    This one has regulated and unregulated voltage settings.

    So it's either 3.3v constant or a freshly charged battery draining down from 4.15V to 3.6V which i prefer to stay away from, the vape is not consistent.

    It's explained in the link anyway what it can do..
    http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-460.html




  • newmark wrote: »
    I had a proper look through it there and I'm thinking of getting one because it will be very handy to plug it into the wall to charge it or the car.
    Do you think I'll get away with using a protected smoktech battery with it, the same one that IV sell or do I need to get the ones they have specified?

    I'm using a AW protected 2200mAh in mine which is 68.16mm long, it works fine but control unit will not tighten all the way.
    If ya look at protected batteries and see it's around the 65mm it will fit fine.

    Freshly charged it comes out at 4.2v and it will stay regulated at 3.3v before it gets to 3.5v on the battery.

    It's not my main device, am still using my 900/650 eGo batteries mostly.
    It's just a simple and handy backup to have.
    I don't have any other 18650 mod or charger so it suits me fine.

    From what i read, people are having problems using IMR batteries and i think using a protected one is safer and better.

    The protected battery won't over charge, i still check it anyway after it charges to see what it's at.

    Don't know if smoktech 18650 batteries are any good, a fella on UKVapers was using Senybor 18650 2800 protected batteries, longer to charge but longer life too before charging again. The control unit will not close properly on that either, but it's screwed on enough.

    Handy PV if ya want regulated voltage at 3.3v or unregulated but taste and throathit changes as the battery drains.

    I would'nt get the battery on the site anyway, get yourself a protected one.

    Got mine from here...(dearer than the mod itself ! )
    http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=23

    Though ya would get cheaper if ya looked around.


Advertisement