Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Dish

Options
  • 06-04-2012 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Do any of you have a dish like the attached picture on your MH? What do you connect to it to get a signal?
    I used one of those cheapy satellite finders, and then connected the dish to my Freesat box, but it isn't detecting any signal. Not sure if my freesat box will work with the dish, or do I just not have it pointed correctly.
    Just curious to see how others have got this type of dish working for them
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What satellite where you pointing at do you know, or what direction where you pointing at, and where were you at the time (location wise)?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Astra 2. Was pointing same direction as my home dish, didn't have a compass out, but seems to be roughly pointing at the 28 degrees SE. In North Dublin.

If this dish is capable of connecting to Astra and working with my Freesat box, I'll go and fiddle around with it - I was mainly just curious as to what others use this type of dish for, what do people connect to it?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

looks like an older analog dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

the tiny bit of paperwork I have says "reception of analogue and digital TV/Radio signals and other satellite signals transmitted in the frequency range 10.70 - 12.75GHz. Terrestrial signals are not received"

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

lots of sites on google that will give you the imfo how to set up a dish ... i had a look at a few sites on your dish it seemed to have poor signal over ireland on astra the more north you are .. the are other sat' you can try the area of sky you are looking for is quite small so do not give up... i have an old mini sky dish on a camera tripod ,works well all over ireland it was hard to set up at first i can now have it up and tuned in ten minutes .. a small signal meter is a help the are cheap on ebay i got mine at lidel great bit of kit you know when you have a good signal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

If you haven't tried it yet, go the top Boards bar-Sys ( near far right)-Cable & Digital TV-(new drop down box)-Satellite.

I had a dish problem and had help from there in no time.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Just saw your post. I have one of these on my van. Our one is motorised and controlled by a matching sat receiver. Is your one motorised or manual? If manual, then any sat receiver will work.

We get all the normal freesat channels.

Tel me more about your setup and I'll see if I can help.

Advertisement