Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help!!!!

Options
  • 05-04-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am hoping that someone may be able to answer my question:

I received a letter today informing me that I was unsuccessful with my 2nd choice on my CAO application.

My question is, does that mean I was also unsuccessful with my 1st choice? As in, does your CAO application get passed from 1st choice to 2nd etc until a course offers you a place or not?

I have applied as a mature student.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nope, it just means your application to that specific course was unsuccessful. You could still be offered your 1st or 3rd or 5th choice etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Ohh, thank you so much Larianne :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Any idea when a person applying as a mature student should hear back from the CAO. I haven't heard a word since I filled in my CAO application on line

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

I received confirmation from my application, then next I heard was Round 0.

If I remember correctly Round 0 are sometime in early July. I had interviewed in early May and had received a letter of offer from TCD just over a week later.

Not all mature places are offered on round 0 afaik. Hope this helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Thank you so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭paul9mm

Re CAO, round 0 offers for mature students, have been told that will be on July 4th.
    All have been specific (CAO, Mature student offices) that if not at home for reasons unknown that week (holidays abroad etc), make sure someone can physically check your mail, as speed of replying to the offer is paramount.
    Had one of my interviews this week and told same by admissions office.
    Good luck.

Advertisement