Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding ring tattoo

Options
  • 05-04-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I was planning on getting a wedding band tattooed on my ring finger, but the shop I went to don't do them because they fade. Is this industry standard or just a pain to do these tattoos? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Finger tattoos tend not to last very well, especially on the palm side of your finger. It can be done but chances are it won't last very long. Also it's worth bearing in mind that if you were to divorce an actual ring is easier to remove than a tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As said, the ink will fade really quickly.

The palm side, the ink will basically 'fall out' in patches, the back of the hand side will blur a lot, and the sides of the fingers will have a combination of the palm/back of the hand.

Better off just sticking with a real ring, and getting a tattoo that means something to the both of you elsewhere if you really want a tattoo to represent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

My mate got a black ring around his finger. Lasted about two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Gotta say I disagree with the whole palm/finger tattoo falling out/fading away quickly. A palm/finger tattoo done correctly will hold,yes you'll get minor fading in a few years but it's all a down to the ability of the artist who put it there in the first place. A finger tattoo that lasted two weeks was done by an artist that hadn't a clue how to tattoo palms/fingers. Guys like Thomas Hopper,Chad Koeplinger and Tim Pausinger do awesome palm tattoos that hold. My next tattoo is gonna be my palm,I'll prove they hold perfect. It's down to ability and knowing how to do em. Gonna hurt like a bitch aswell but alais.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Gotta say I disagree with the whole palm/finger tattoo falling out/fading away quickly. A palm/finger tattoo done correctly will hold,yes you'll get minor fading in a few years but it's all a down to the ability of the artist who put it there in the first place. A finger tattoo that lasted two weeks was done by an artist that hadn't a clue how to tattoo palms/fingers. Guys like Thomas Hopper,Chad Koeplinger and Tim Pausinger do awesome palm tattoos that hold. My next tattoo is gonna be my palm,I'll prove they hold perfect. It's down to ability and knowing how to do em. Gonna hurt like a bitch aswell but alais.

Its a lot more to do with how its looked after than the artist who does it. If you are willing to splint your hand/finger and not use it for 2 weeks then it will heal very well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement