Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice gift

Options
  • 05-04-2012 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

The guys in my local off licence are constantly being harangued by me to get in some other varieties of Sam Adams & keep promising me they will as soon as it can be got.

I called in earlier to pick up a six pack of Boston Lager & was pleasantly surprised for one of them to tell me, they'd been holding something for me...

They found it in the back when moving some stuff around, it was probably there about four years but I was welcome to it FOC

A single bottle of Triple Bock from 1997 :)

Been looking into it & it seems that I may have it for a while - just a sip at a time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

It may be against Boards policy but I think a plug for the off-licence would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I had a triple bock recently and thought it was horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Well I just opened it & unfortunately the cork broke in the bottle :( I had no option but to push it through & took a couple of decanted sips. Very nice flavour. Almost chocolatey.

I think I may even put a shot of it into an espresso later on & see how that works.

Store was McHughs BTW <- hope that doesn't break any rules. The guys in there are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Took a little while to get used to the taste, but it's nice. Wouldn't do it again, but nice to experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

gremha wrote: »
    Well I just opened it & unfortunately the cork broke in the bottle :( I had no option but to push it through & took a couple of decanted sips. Very nice flavour. Almost chocolatey.

I think I may even put a shot of it into an espresso later on & see how that works.

Store was McHughs BTW <- hope that doesn't break any rules. The guys in there are great.

McHughs is a great offlicence, particularily the Kilbarrick road, where they let themselves down is the 'in the back' policy they seem to have. Myself and moreso one of my mates pop in to get some beers and its commen to ask for something and they say 'Theres loads in the back' and they pop back and rummage around. This is fine most times but if their busy you get the eyerolls etc. I would understand but sometimes their craft beer fridge is half empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    McHughs is a great offlicence, particularily the Kilbarrick road, where they let themselves down is the 'in the back' policy they seem to have. Myself and moreso one of my mates pop in to get some beers and its commen to ask for something and they say 'Theres loads in the back' and they pop back and rummage around. This is fine most times but if their busy you get the eyerolls etc. I would understand but sometimes their craft beer fridge is half empty.

i was in the kilbarrick road one recently and the lad behind the counter said they were doubling the size of the craft beer fridge such is the demand for the craft beers these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

bamboozle wrote: »
    i was in the kilbarrick road one recently and the lad behind the counter said they were doubling the size of the craft beer fridge such is the demand for the craft beers these days.

Thats good news, and by rights my comment wasn't exactly fair they do have a very good selection.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

gremha wrote: »

I wouldn't bother, just enjoy it as is.

Store was McHughs BTW <- hope that doesn't break any rules.

No problem at all :-)

Advertisement