Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coffee shop

Options
  • 05-04-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Let's talk! :)What you like most about your favourite coffee shop? what makes it so special and different then others? What kind of coffee do you like and how you like it served? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

What do you like, or is this just lazy research?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

There's a few similar threads to this already, but I'll give it a go.
    I like places that serve freshly roasted, properly extracted espresso, or a nice filter brew.The 3fe/hasbean affiliated shops in Dublin usually deliver this. I don't like the atmosphere of any of them, I just go for the coffee.
    The Food Gallery Cafe on Thomas St, and Cafe Noto across the way do not serve very good coffee, but I love the old fashioned look. I don't go there as often anymore, but I mostly went because I felt comfortable there.
    As for coffee, in terms of filter, I love bright, citrusy aftertastes, and sweet, chocolate flavours when in the mouth. I don't care much about mouthfeel when it comes to filter, but it's more important for espresso. I like naturally processed coffees too. I love the vastly different flavours, but I usually go for washed coffees.
    I drink coffee black with no sugar, and almost never consume milk based drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ann873

it's not a research:) i'm just curious bout ppl preferences. i like all the bright, modern-looking coffee shops. with nice atmosphere. usually i drink milk-based coffees with chocolate or caramel taste. not really like espresso tho. how bout u?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I live in Melbourne so there are good coffee shops everywhere and I have probably visited 100+ places since moving here but I am a regular at only 2-3 because they have:
    - consistently great coffee. My favourite place hovers between excellent and fantastic quality coffee and I have never had an even average quality coffee there.
    - Good staff. Friendly and efficient without the hipster pretentiousness that is rife here.
    - Options. Lots of different coffees and brew methods.

In terms of what I like to drink, in summer I have lot of cold drip and pour over wheras in winter revert more to espresso and have 3/4 flat white most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

I love Starbucks, all different types and flavours of coffees. I love especially the caramel macchiato, just as yummy as a dessert.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 hungrydublinco

I always loved coffee, but didn't really broaden the horizons. Always went to the same coffee shop and ordered the same Americano, as I always would. But I wanted to learn more, so I started exploring Dublin and all the coffee shops it offered. Any day I could, I would explore a new place, which most likely served different coffee beans in their cup. Anyways, I went to 58 coffee shops (and still counting) and honestly I think that the Lock 6 Cafe and Cocu are my favorite.
    Lock 6 Cafe uses Ariosa coffee beans, Cocu uses CloudPicker. Both are strong and unique in taste and smell.
    And since you asked why I love those coffee shops, well, Lock 6 cafe is in a 200-year old cottage, the interior is beautiful and they are dog friendly. Kinda gives that hipster-feeling.
    Cocu is spacious, and offers counter-culture food. Need I write more?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi and welcome to Boards.
    As a general rule we don't revive very old threads that haven't been posted in for over a year. It's better to start a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement