Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom excise duty and shippin

Options
  • 05-04-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

How much duty do you pay on pallets of boxes im bringin in from china.
    What sort of prices would u be lookin at for apart load of a container maybe 4 pallets roughly?anyone use any chinese suppliers lookin at a lot on alibaba any recommendations?cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

That depends totally on what the product is. Electronics have high duty but are cheaper from china. I recommend that you use a go between in china who will inspect the goods and can give you an expected delivery price port to port.
    Customs charges duties etc. can be got from http://www.citizensinformation.ie
    From outside the EU

You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22. The Revenue Commissioners provide a guide to the reliefs available for imports from non-EC countries.

If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

It may be worth while to import to Belfast since VAT is lower... legally you would have to sell the products within the UK yada yada...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kellybroook

the products are just cardboard boxes, probably less than €1000. i saw those checkers u can get for about 150 us dollars.if u know anyone with space in a forty ft would be keen to bring back a few pallets.3/4 max

the products are just cardboard boxes, probably less than €1000. i saw those checkers u can get for about 150 us dollars.if u know anyone with space in a forty ft would be keen to bring back a few pallets.3/4 max
    Sorry I didn't understand that you meant empty boxes. Nearly everything from China comes in a shipping container and its much cheaper if you can fill the container. A good go between will do more than just check quality. They can arrange logistics to fill a container with similar products and reduce costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kellybroook

ok cheers do u know anyone u would recommend

ok cheers do u know anyone u would recommend
    I haven't done anything on a large enough scale to need a container. The best way to do it is to find someone in Ireland who imports from China regularly and ask who their forwarder is. Possibly a discount furnature company. Something like B&M bargains or a independant 2Euro shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

try www.aramex.com

They operate between China/ Dublin Port

Advertisement