Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGA Total Control?

Options
  • 05-04-2012 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

In the planning stages of a kitchen extension and remodel...starting with the wish list and working back to what we can afford. Would love an AGA, when I went in to the showroom they highly recommended an electric 'Total Control' model as being more energy efficient. Has anyone tried one? Is it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aiden Ryan

<link removed>I went on a training day with AGA and they did all the cooking on a new total control AGA and it looked and seemed to work perfectly. My mum has the normal 2 oven AGA and she loves it. The only let down with a total control is that you dont have the constant warmth that you get with traditional AGAs but otherwise it works perfectly, saves on energy, looks exactly the same as traditional AGA cooker but initally costs a bit more.

Please don't pimp your website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Aiden Ryan wrote: »
    <link removed>I went on a training day with AGA and they did all the cooking on a new total control AGA and it looked and seemed to work perfectly. My mum has the normal 2 oven AGA and she loves it. The only let down with a total control is that you dont have the constant warmth that you get with traditional AGAs but otherwise it works perfectly, saves on energy, looks exactly the same as traditional AGA cooker but initally costs a bit more.

Thanks for that. Do you know if its possible to have one as part of an island, as opposed to against an exterior wall? There's one in the brochure but it's got a flue on it so presuming its some kind of solid fuel or gas/oil. The new kitchen would be going in an extension so it wouldn't be too much drama to put in a flue or maybe an underfloor pipe for ventilation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jerry79

hi,
    i am building a house at the moment and putting in an electric total control aga also, to answer your question on whether it can be put in an island the answer is yes, as it is electric it requires no flue just a 25mm copper outlet pipe that extracts moisture steam etc generated in the cooking process, in my case i am putting my aga up against an internal wall so i had to run this pipe across the kitchen floor (under the concrete screed) through the external wall and out to a fan mounted on the external wall (just above footpath level). this fan engages once the aga is turned on hence removing the steam.

best of luck with the build and the total control aga, they are crazy money to buy but well worth it.....i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lnos1

Hi Jerry, how did you get on with the Total Control? Have you had any problems with it? We have one and it takes a lot longer to cook foods and moisture pooling outside the door

Advertisement