Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple versions of the same Album

Options
  • 05-04-2012 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Anyone else daft enough to buy different versions of the same album?

I've 5 different versions of Appetite for Destructions. I thought I had 6, was sure I had the re issued cover on vinyl too. I guess I'll have to pick up a copy of it next time I see it now :o

dsc01654g.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Yep, I've a bunch of albums on tape and CD and I've bought various albums a few times after the original got lost or broken. I've never gone back and bought special editions though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Anyone else daft enough to buy different versions of the same album?
    Malice wrote: »
    Yep, I've a bunch of albums on tape and CD and I've bought various albums a few times after the original got lost or broken. I've never gone back and bought special editions though.

Never bought different versions of the same album as special editions usually have the original plus a few bonus tracks/content. I would like to start up a vinyl collection though, so could see myself buying the cd and the vinyl of the same album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Have a number in various formats,mainly Cassette,Vinyl and CD. Despite having them all converted to MP3's i can't bring myself to ditch them,despite the fact that i will never use them again.

I have AFD on Cassette,CD and 2 versions on Vinyl,regular version with Cross cover and an original release with Robo-Rape on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Had all Maiden up to 88 on vinyl. Then continued to buy vinyl as well as tapes (couldnt afford CDs till much later), then bought all on CD. Still have the vinyl in the attic. A lot of money in those days to buy an album, it was something to be treasured and played to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The only one I have more than once is 'Tomb of the mutilated' (Cannibal Corpse), one of them with the original artwork ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

I'm murder for this ha ha, only gonna name ones I have more then 4 versions of otherwise I'd be here all night, so a few off the top of my head :

Carcass "symphonies of sickness" 7 versions
    Beherit "oath of black blood" 5 versions
    Napalm Death "scum" 6 versions
    Hellhammer "satanic rites" 4 versions
    Godflesh "streetcleaner" 4 versions
    Faith No More "epic" (single) 6 versions
    Faith No Nore "midlife crisis" (single) 5 versions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm murder for this ha ha, only gonna name ones I have more then 4 versions of otherwise I'd be here all night, so a few off the top of my head :

Carcass "symphonies of sickness" 7 versions
    Beherit "oath of black blood" 5 versions
    Napalm Death "scum" 6 versions
    Hellhammer "satanic rites" 4 versions
    Godflesh "streetcleaner" 4 versions
    Faith No More "epic" (single) 6 versions
    Faith No Nore "midlife crisis" (single) 5 versions

I am not the only one, who has it? ;)

But never heard of 5 different versions, I only have the vinyl. when it first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Collected a lot of NIN stuff for a few years, I have multiple versions of most or probably all albums.

Downward Spiral : 6 CD, 2 Cassettes, 2 Vinyl.
    Broken EP: 6 CD, 4 tapes, 3 vinyl (2 of which are promo vinyls)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I am not the only one, who has it? ;)

But never heard of 5 different versions, I only have the vinyl. when it first came out.

there's 14 versions on Discogs for the album and that's more than likely missing a few boots of it still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Nope, I see it as nothing more than a money making scam and I don't want to be cheated out of my money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Yup - funds spent on Maiden and Priest multi-formats and re-re-re-issues could make Sean Fitzpartick blush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

yknaa wrote: »
    Yup - funds spent on Maiden and Priest multi-formats and re-re-re-issues could make Sean Fitzpartick blush

I have four copies of Screaming for Vengeance myself :pac:

Advertisement