Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likelihood of Soundgarden playing Ireland in July?

Options
  • 05-04-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

They're Hyde Park in mid July and their touring schedule seems to end there. Eddie Vedder will be on solo tour the last week of July so Matt Cameron will be free of PJ duties.

Their tour dates have been announced in dribs and drabs so far.

So the diary is free... what are the chances?

(EDIT: new song in full here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

n97 mini wrote: »
    They're Hyde Park in mid July and their touring schedule seems to end there. Eddie Vedder will be on solo tour the last week of July so Matt Cameron will be free of PJ duties.

Their tour dates have been announced in dribs and drabs so far.

So the diary is free... what are the chances?

(EDIT: new song in full here)

I would say highly unlikely not only does it appear too late in the game but it appears theyre on a festival run the only place I can think that would house them on their own is the marquee in Cork and also Chris Cornell is doing a solo tour between these dates he actually visits the Olympia on the 13th of June if that interests you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Yes, I have my ticket for Chris Cornell, and I am contemplating going to Hyde Park to see SG, but the way these things are being announced piecemeal I am thinking Ireland is a possibility as they have nothing on the timetable after Hyde Park.

Are Marlay Park or the RDS potential runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I am going to Sonisphere in Madrid to see Soundgarden as I didnt think they would add more dates then they announced Hyde Park. Maybe they will play here, its more of a possiblilty with the London date announced but I would pray they wouldnt play the RDS as its a big cowshed with crap sound.

I think those venues would be too big for them unless they had some good support bands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nea wrote: »
    I am going to Sonisphere in Madrid to see Soundgarden as I didnt think they would add more dates then they announced Hyde Park. Maybe they will play here, its more of a possiblilty with the London date announced but I would pray they wouldnt play the RDS as its a big cowshed with crap sound.

I think those venues would be too big for them unless they had some good support bands

Yep unfortunately youre correct will be catching them at download myself was surprised metallica didnt announce here either when I saw the sonisphere Spain posters I assumed them with Soundgarden supporting. Both RDS (Springsteen there in July) and Marlay(25th June-31st of august supposedly) are available but like ya say too big for them on their own I know it does me head in seeing tits like the script and snow patrol sell out the stadiums and arenas here but sadly lads that's the way it is in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Nea wrote: »
    I am going to Sonisphere in Madrid to see Soundgarden as I didnt think they would add more dates then they announced Hyde Park.
    I nearly booked that at the time, as it could have been done cheaper than London. Dunno if that's still the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement