Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Shops in Clare/Limerick

Options
  • 05-04-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, I need to purchase a bicycle for a six year old and I would really appreciate some shop recommendations :) I'm going to call to Tierney's in Abbey Street to see what they have but is there any other place that is worth checking out?

I'm looking for a good quality bicycle that will last a while and one that can be put together in store preferably. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Tierneys are excellent. I would also recommend TopBike in Ennis or Shannon. The Ennis shop is part of TopPart Motor factors just off Carmody St (Parnell St/Woodquay junction). I believe the Shannon shop is bigger but I haven't been to it - I'm sure a Google would sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Guys, I need to purchase a bicycle for a six year old and I would really appreciate some shop recommendations :) I'm going to call to Tierney's in Abbey Street to see what they have but is there any other place that is worth checking out?

I'm looking for a good quality bicycle that will last a while and one that can be put together in store preferably. Thanks in advance!

I bought a bike in traceys in scariff for my daughter yesterday was very well priced and a very sturdy bike. Also there is kearneys cycles in sixmilebridge they are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Harrys in the gort road Ind Estate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I would second Tierneys. They do know what they are doing in there.

I was in Harrys on the gort road two weeks ago, they seen to have a good selection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Thanks very much guys for all the replies :) I had no idea there were so many bike shops in Ennis. In my day, my dad used to take us to McMahon Brothers in Chapel Lane to get our new bikes. I'm really showing my age now :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

I got my bike in The Bike shop on OConnell Ave in Limerick and I couldn't recommend him highly enough. He spent about an hour with me going through the bikes and their features. He also take trade ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'd also recommend Joe in the bikeshop! Sound lad! And he knows his stuff too, he'll run you through everything and help you find whats best for your budget!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mrs. Clareman got a bike through the bike to work scheme through the place at Top Part, I couldn't recommend them highly enough, they went through everything with her, made sure she got all the safety gear and their prices were extremely good, cheaper than a lot of websites in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

There's a great bike event at Bunratty this weekend:

http://www.facebook.com/events/358591234185190/

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thought the prices in top part Shannon were retry steep. The back o work scheme absorbs one of the cost, I wouldn't imagine a 6 year old needs a top brand.

Halfords in limerick have a great range of kids bikes, but for local service, m.f tierney is the job,

Always found Harry's ignorant to deal with - whether it was buying or servicing mowers, strimmers or bikes. Bought a few things there based purely on price and availability but wouldn't exactly recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Thought the prices in top part Shannon were retry steep. The back o work scheme absorbs one of the cost, I wouldn't imagine a 6 year old needs a top brand.

Halfords in limerick have a great range of kids bikes, but for local service, m.f tierney is the job,

Always found Harry's ignorant to deal with - whether it was buying or servicing mowers, strimmers or bikes. Bought a few things there based purely on price and availability but wouldn't exactly recommend them.
    Do Tierneys have a good range of bikes for children? I'd like to buy from them if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Haven't been in the back part of tierneys recently but they used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

colm_mcm wrote: »

Same here, the sales man ( if you could call him that) actually almost put me off buying a bike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Just bought a bike for my 12 yr old son last week in Tierneys...Can't say enough positive things about them..excellent all round. Good selection of bikes for kids too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Yeah they're grand, no bells or whistles, well no whistles anyway.

Advertisement