Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling with Software design C++

Options
  • 05-04-2012 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm really struggling with this in college, Does anyone have any advice on how to get better. I've looked at lots of tutorials online but there always a bit different from what i'm doing. I've also tried to get grinds but haven't found anyone to help and i'm running out of time.

I'm struggling with the code and the reports :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

This is the best resource I found while studying it last year. Main aspects of c++ are explained quite well http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Can anybody offer me a grind in this or know anybody,thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

I read this book cover to cover and it is the only thing that got me through C++ in college
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/C-Beginners-Guide-Herbert-Schildt/9780072232158

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

joeperry wrote: »
    Hi i'm really struggling with this in college, Does anyone have any advice on how to get better. I've looked at lots of tutorials online but there always a bit different from what i'm doing. I've also tried to get grinds but haven't found anyone to help and i'm running out of time.

I'm struggling with the code and the reports :(

Hi Joe,
    Where exactly are you struggling? Is it with syntax or programming concepts or something else? IMO the best way to get good at coding is practise. Start with the basic stuff like if statements and looping and make sure you understand them and build up from there. Mess with code and see what you can do with it.

My own personal experience was I really struggled through labs in college and felt like I was going nowhere. I kept plugging away and playing with what we were doing and I began to understand and develop my knowledge. Its slow and a little tough at first but once you get into it other things fall into place and begins to make sense. The other thing to do is talk to your lecturer and lab assistants and get their help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

if you like post up some Code that you dont understand, and im sure alot of us will tell you what each part does and how to understand some parts of the C++ code..

Dont worry if you cant understand some part of C++ i still cant get my head around Link List ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Hi,

This works for me: Practice.
    You learner faster by practising and if you get stuck on a problem, research about it.

Advertisement