Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview for Bus Ed UL

Options
  • 04-04-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

Am brand new to this so am not sure if I doing this right... I have a few questions on the business education dip (now it is know a new name post primary). I have applied for this and received word that I am selected for interview. Does anyone have any idea on the way the interview works?? what tyoe of questions? Is there anything other than a normal sit down questions/ answers interview or is it a pratical base?? I am majoring in business as my degree and nervous on if I will be asked on economics or accounting as I am not certain on what I would like to take.

Also looking at other threads from preivous years, theres seems to be a lot to do with points, is this still in place?? How many places are there?? I am sorry for all the questions, I am nervous of what ahead :eek: and would love a heads up...all comments are helpfully in anyway. Thank you for taking the time.:D

A very nervous waiting interviewee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anne2012

hi CarMar13
    I have an interview for the same course in 2wks and starting to get v.nervous. can't really find much info on wat to expect on the day, if u could help out that would be great..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CarMar13

Hi Anne,

I have been looking and researching it for a while now, I have found next to nothing....its so very frustating!!!What is your second subject? I am not sure as to what mine will be yet. I seen on the webpage of the course outline that there is an area of most freq questions asked about the course, its got a bit of information. Do you now how many are going for interview??? we all seem to be as lost as each other. I am in my final year at the min so am hoping someone is in the same boat as myself??
    SOrry very little help :rolleyes:

Im the same, ive been looking for ages but not much info. Im not 100% but I think it's accounting.. I was lookin at the freq ques as well it's not much help. when is ure interview?? also can I ask if u have much teaching/shadowing done, i haven't so im freakin out about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

hi guys..im in same boat interview next week, not sure what one can expect from it, does anyone know previous year applicants and what kind of process the interview involves?..also how many places are available for the Business programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CarMar13

Le Henry wrote: »
    hi guys..im in same boat interview next week, not sure what one can expect from it, does anyone know previous year applicants and what kind of process the interview involves?..also how many places are available for the Business programme?
    Hi le Henry, the only.thing I can answer for.you is that there are 50 places, do you know how many are for interview?

• Advertisement

Le Henry wrote: »

Hi Le Henry, haven't a clue wat 2 expect on the day except general qs and to know about the leaving cert/junior cert curriculum.. Have u got much teaching experience??

feck all experience, I have few years experience in industry working not sure is this any help do you think?. do you have any teaching experience yourself?..I must say nervous enough about this as it is new waters for me!!

CarMar13 wrote: »
    Hi le Henry, the only.thing I can answer for.you is that there are 50 places, do you know how many are for interview?

Hi Carme13, thanks for reply..Im not sure how many being offered a place..but generally feeling I get is that they are a good few going for it..are you sure about 50 ya, not 20 no?

Im the same, well I had 3 wks experience in a primary school 1 day a wk. so not much. But from reading these things a good few ppl have teaching experience. so kind of freaking out over that.. At this stage I just want to get it over and done with cos it is so head wreaking. sorry I wasn't much help.. If I find ne thing out I will let u no :)

Advertisement