Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sci-Fi Writers Group?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any writers groups focused on science fiction literature and all its incarnations within Dublin city centre. I'm a huge sci-fi fan but am fascinated about writing and creating my own stories.

Also, I would love to get involved with setting up such a group if one does not already exist. If you'd be interested in taking part in such a group then let me know below. Maybe once or twice a month some evenings during the week would be perfect.

Anywhoo, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I'm interested, I write SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Ditto. The existing city-centre writers' group we had going here had several SF/fantasy heads, but it seems to be going through a lull at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _Leary_

Great, nice to see I'm not the only one interested!

I say once we get 5 or so people we should go ahead and set up one up to see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What would being part of a group like this involve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 D for Dubious

I'd be interested to hear what you have in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Sci-fi is my favorite genre also. Would love to take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pariah

Excellent idea. Look forward to seeing what happens here

Advertisement