Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple question - how to remove barbell piercings??

Options
  • 04-04-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Hi

Never posted here before... but regularly lurk.

I have a really simple question - but I've googled it and searched here - and am unable to find an answer that works!!

I'm trying to remove a nipple and bellybutton barbell piercing. Both are about 15 years old - and i'm unable to get the balls off. I want to take them out as i've just discovered I'm pregnant and I want to take them out now before I get too big and it gets a bit awkward. I know I could leave them in, but I think a big belly and a barbell is very unsexy and I want to breastfeed. I'd like to put the nipple ring back in when i'm finished :)

I've tried using soap and bio-oil as a lube, trying just after coming out of a shower, using rubber gloves to get a grip (OH and myself), and the righty tighty - lefty loosy thing.

Can anyone advise me on anything else to try? I don't want to go to a piercing studio its not really their job I guess....:rolleyes:

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You are gonna need a very small pliers with a plastic nib or edge or something on the end, not sure what it's called. I don't want to give you advice on other ways I have gotten them out in the past because none of them were good, the pliers is the best way to go.

And any piercer will take them out for you no hassle at all. If you can go to where you got them done, great, but anywhere else should do it if you ask. It is their job if they put it in you, but another place should doit for you cause it's good for their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The little pliers Peach mentioned are for rings.
    For barbells, it sounds like you've tried everything, so it might be time to go to a piercer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Thanks... I'll ring a piercer in the next couple days.

The place I originally got them done in metalmetamorphis (in temple bar) shut down years ago, so will ring round tomorrow.

I had actually been meaning to get another piercing... going to have to wait for that now also :D

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dinkie wrote: »
    I had actually been meaning to get another piercing... going to have to wait for that now also :D

Thanks again

From my own personal experience, I'd highly recommend Steve in Snakebite

Advertisement