Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal for fines

Options
  • 04-04-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Is there anyway to appeal a co-op office fine? I feel like I have a case but don't know where to actually complain. What's the best way to go about it? I've never had to complain about anything regarding UL before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

From what you said in another post I think it will be a waste of your time. You said that you didn't have everything you needed in the right time. If you do go ahead a least you will have the coop office do something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

FCUM wrote: »
    Is there anyway to appeal a co-op office fine? I feel like I have a case but don't know where to actually complain. What's the best way to go about it? I've never had to complain about anything regarding UL before.

I don't think you can appeal it if you've paid.

Jester is correct, if you didn't have it completed its your fault not theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

Jester252 wrote: »
    From what you said in another post I think it will be a waste of your time. You said that you didn't have everything you needed in the right time. If you do go ahead a least you will have the coop office do something :pac:
    Well I did prove I had the work done, what I couldnt do was get it signed. I got it signed once I was back as the employer was visiting UL. What I should have done is got someone to forge the signature. I feel like they were difficult over a situation they didn't need to be though really. Especially over a report no one will read. I suppose though as you say they can just say you didn't have it in.
    reunion wrote: »
    I don't think you can appeal it if you've paid.

Jester is correct, if you didn't have it completed its your fault not theirs
    I haven't paid it yet mate. When they wouldn't accept it last year without the 100 quid I just left it.

Does UL have a complaints procedure or what though? Or do you just complain to the relevant office?

Well they did say to get the form signed while your at the job. They told us in the last meeting with them (granted that the only students there were ones without coop)

So ask an employer to sign a report that hasn't yet been written?

• Advertisement

So ask an employer to sign a report that hasn't yet been written?
    Your ment to do the report hence why the report is due week 1/week 2. You have to face if you are in the wrong so you can pay the fine, wait until the fine goes up or not get your degree.

I left my placement and the country, then did the report. It was due that October, I completed it before this deadline showed them I had it done, and explained I couldn't get it signed due to the logistical difficulties. I couldn't do a report until the placement was finished. Surely suggesting that I got the form signed without the employer reading the report would be counter-productive to the point of getting it signed in the first place.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

I left my placement and the country, then did the report. It was due that October, I completed it before this deadline showed them I had it done, and explained I couldn't get it signed due to the logistical difficulties. I couldn't do a report until the placement was finished. Surely suggesting that I got the form signed without the employer reading the report would be counter-productive to the point of getting it signed in the first place.

:)

they could scan/fax/email the signature and send it back to you (it's only one page). That's what my employer did.

Where were you a year and a half ago :mad::( I'm not sure why I didn't think of this. Still annoying as I clearly proved I had the work done, bit of leeway would have been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Hmm.. Co-Op report. Must finish mine since it was due over a year ago. Thanks for the reminder!

• Advertisement
Advertisement