Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamic swap image in Dreamweaver

Options
  • 04-04-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out for a few hours and have looked online but to no avail.

Im am trying to create a page in dreamweaver which will display a main image with smaller 'thumbs' of other images around it and when the user hovers over any of the thumbs it will swap the main image for that of the one that is currently being hovered over.

Now i know how to do this in a static website, but how it this achieved / can it be achieved when pulling info from a database??

many thanks.

p.s. I'm using Dreamweaver CS3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

What method are you using to achieve this on a static page? There is usally a workaround ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Have a Google around for something like 'jquery show image on hover gallery' and highslide or lightbox. I'd use onclick instead of hover also. You'll likely be doing this in code view not design view.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dev_g

Thanks for the replies,
    pcbscott wrote: »
    What method are you using to achieve this on a static page? There is usally a workaround ;)

I'm just using the tag-> behaviors ->swap image route. is there a similar way of doing this using a database?
    tricky D wrote: »
    Have a Google around for something like 'jquery show image on hover gallery' and highslide or lightbox. I'd use onclick instead of hover also. You'll likely be doing this in code view not design view.

I don't really know anything about jquery, all im using is dreamweaver cs3 to create my site (all in wysiwyg mode, as i haven't learned how to code yet!), and my database is created using MySQL and php to link the two together (I'm using xampp)

I had a quick look at highslide and lightbox and they look fantastic but i cant use any plugins as i'll be working on this project on multiple different computers and I'm not allowed to install any additional software on them.

Any further suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dev_g

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

Im not sure how you could go about it with out having a look at the code.

In sites I make I use a number of different image display elements depending on the project.

Most of these I learned to incorporate when I was learning to make basic static sites, so when I started creating database driven sites with custom CMS I had to adapt the CODE I was using to make it fit.

Have a look at the CODE thats being used to display the images and what makes it work, then also look at the CODE that you are using to pull up data from the data base....

Like I said previously there is always a work around... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement