Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot activate Data network mode

Options
  • 04-04-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Today my phone (Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670) stopped responding to activate Data network mode command. There was no error message just no reaction. I have it switched off most of the time to save battery. I switched it on at noon and it worked fine, tried 3 hours later - no response. I'm on prepaid in Meteor and still have money in my account. Things I tried:
    - switching the flight mode on and off
    - restarting the device couple of times
    - switching to 2G mode

Anyone has any ideas what's the problem here?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

same thing happened me today an i solved it by going to apn settings and changing the selected apn from wap.meteor.ie to data.meteor.ie hope this works for you too

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

Thanks for advice but unfortunately it didn't work. I checked the settings of my Access Points and they were fine. I'll give it some time, maybe it's a failure on Meteor's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Marcin B wrote: »
    Thanks for advice but unfortunately it didn't work. I checked the settings of my Access Points and they were fine. I'll give it some time, maybe it's a failure on Meteor's end.

Is it working now? My data was down for a while, thought it was the phone but a few restarts didn't fix it - it came back a while ago rather randomly.

Same story. I guess it was Meteor after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Reset your device,it should help

• Advertisement

All good now. Thanks.

Advertisement