Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea furniture for baby's room.

Options
  • 04-04-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

We have a lot of Ikea stuff in the house and its served us well so we've decided on it for baby's room. We like the look of the Gulliver cot: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/90115997/. Would love to hear which mattress people went for as there are a few options. Also we are thinking of using the Hemnes chest of drawers: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30180542/#/20067829 and putting a changing mat on top rather than have a special changing unit. You can buy a changer yoke to attatch to the top but it is very big and a mat would fit on just as well, just wondering if anyone has done this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

We used a chest of drawers with a changing mat on top as a changing unit for our daughter. To be honest we only did it for about a week before bringing all the changing stuff downstairs and then having a spare set in our room for night changes. Saying that she was milk in poo out kinda baby so trudging upstairs every hour and half just became annoying after a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We got that cot too and the vyasa matress which is quite firm. I got the down type duvet too and read a good tip of putting it between the matress and sheet for extra warmth during the winter. Very happy with the whole lot and most of our apartment is kitted out with ikea stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

We have the larger version of that chest of drawers, it has 4 small drawers across the top that I keep wipes, nappies, vests, socks etc. Then there are 4 larger drawers which hold all his clothes. I would get the white one as it's the only model with a laquer finish which means it can be wiped down easily. The height is perfect for changing on.

Advertisement