Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microdermal Piercing

Options
  • 04-04-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Anyone have one done? Am thinking about getting it done, but I know they say they're semi-permanent, which is kind of putting me off cause I know I will be taking it out in a few years, but I don't mind the scarring either way.
    Rough ideas on cost etc.?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I had two on the back of my neck, cost €50 each. Ended up getting my piercer to take them out because one was rejecting and they came out no bother didn't hurt me or anything and I'm left with small scars though. I wouldn't chance getting one on your face though because of the scarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

I got one on my sternum, just a little below the hollow of my throat. It was doing fine, though it may have been in the early stages of rejection. I had to get it removed as I needed an MRI.

It was a pain in the ass, the surgeon wouldn't remove it, wouldn't even feel it to see where it was, another doctor had to do it (I offered to just rip it out if they numbed it/gave me something for the pain after, got to keep the microdermal itself though so...score?). Got a local anesthetic before it was scalpelled out, so I can't comment on how painful removal may or may not be.

I loved it while it was there, I do have a small scar that to me, looks like a spot (though others disagree, I'm probably just slightly self conscious about it), but I don't know how piercers remove it so can't really comment on potential scarring either.

If I knew I wouldn't need another MRI I would probably get another one.

I got mine done in Dublin Ink when it was just opened a few weeks, it was 35 euro as they were doing their half off things (they no longer include microdermals in that)
    It seems 50 is the usual price and I've seen places charging for its removal as well (I think snake bite has that priced as 60, though not 100% on that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

CD. wrote: »
    I got one on my sternum, just a little below the hollow of my throat. It was doing fine, though it may have been in the early stages of rejection. I had to get it removed as I needed an MRI.

It was a pain in the ass, the surgeon wouldn't remove it, wouldn't even feel it to see where it was, another doctor had to do it (I offered to just rip it out if they numbed it/gave me something for the pain after, got to keep the microdermal itself though so...score?). Got a local anesthetic before it was scalpelled out, so I can't comment on how painful removal may or may not be.

I loved it while it was there, I do have a small scar that to me, looks like a spot (though others disagree, I'm probably just slightly self conscious about it), but I don't know how piercers remove it so can't really comment on potential scarring either.

If I knew I wouldn't need another MRI I would probably get another one.

I got mine done in Dublin Ink when it was just opened a few weeks, it was 35 euro as they were doing their half off things (they no longer include microdermals in that)
    It seems 50 is the usual price and I've seen places charging for its removal as well (I think snake bite has that priced as 60, though not 100% on that)

Jesus that sounds rough. My piercer got mine out by just manoeuvreig the skin and pulling them out it didnt hurt at all, yours could have been deeper than mine though! but ya my scars just look like pimples aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

It was more a pain because it meant I had to spend an extra day or so in the hospital. Still, the X-ray techs thought it was cool, so that's something I suppose!

• Advertisement
Advertisement