Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next doctor is female! *Possible April fool*

Options
  • 03-04-2012 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/next-doctor-is-female-32205.htm
    At last week’s Doctor Who Convention panel, Steven Moffat asked the audience if they like to see a female Doctor. Now, there was a very good reason behind that.

Doctor Who TV can reveal that the 12th incarnation of our favourite Time Lord will be female.

So, who’s the lucky lady in the role? In a surprising twist, Jenna-Louise Coleman is in fact playing the 12th Doctor. The actress was previously announced as new companion merely to conceal her real identity, as well as keeping Matt Smith’s exit a surprise.

Jenna-Louise will be taking over in this year’s Christmas Special. The 11th Doctor will regenerate after an encounter with old enemy Omega.

An insider said: “Prepare for twists, turns, more twists and even more turns! Did I mention they’ll be twists and turns?”

Other news we can confirm today: Paul McGann, David Tennant and the Rani will all be back in Series 7.

*POSSIBLE APRIL FOOL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Definite April fool. Click on the IMDB link in the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Glad I saw the date before I looked pretty foolish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I don't know if any of you follow Doctor Who writer Toby Whithouse's series Being Human.
    But there was this girl on it called 'Allison' who was portrayed by this young actress called Ellie Kendrick and I could totally see her being the Doctor if she played the role like she did in Being Human

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The female doctor rumour is as old as the revival of the show itself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »
    The female doctor rumour is as old as the revival of the show itself.

I'm going to put this out there for the newer people just to tease them:

Moffat has already written a female Doctor, and there's a few minutes of her recorded for tv and everything.

Leaving it there :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Moffat has already written a female Doctor, and there's a few minutes of her recorded for tv and everything.

I saw that. I thought the female doctor was absolutely fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I reckon she'd be a good doctor!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

Granted that episode's bean done.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cyndaquil wrote: »
    Granted that episode's bean done.

Granted, twice.

Advertisement