Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maredsous - any good?

Options
  • 03-04-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Just got a present of these two bottle from my dad who was over in Belgium. Anyone tried them and know what they're like?

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=12391

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They're OK. Worth the effort of actually pouring them into a glass, if that's what you're asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

I think I can stretch to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Please post your thoughts when you get round to them. I'm a fan but would like to hear what a non beer geek thinks of them! Am I right in assuming these would be your first Belgian beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Ronan cork wrote: »
    Please post your thoughts when you get round to them. I'm a fan but would like to hear what a non beer geek thinks of them! Am I right in assuming these would be your first Belgian beers?

I've had a few belgian beers before, like Chimay & Duvel, but haven't tried many others.

Been working my way through pale ale after pale ale recently and want to move onto something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Blackjack

They're good enough. It would be hard for them not to be, really.
    Even the worst of the proper Belgian beers I've had are far better than the stuff you can get in your average boozer.
    Once you go into the Abbey or Trappist territory, you're never going to be disappointed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement