Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self build conversion question ???

Options
  • 03-04-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is it true that we will no longer be able to build our own camper conversions ? I have been told that from April 2012 only a NSAI regestered campervan builder can do the conversion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

veedub man wrote: »
    Is it true that we will no longer be able to build our own camper conversions ? I have been told that from April 2012 only a NSAI regestered campervan builder can do the conversion.

Conversion needs to be done by a competent individual to an acceptable standard. The conversion needs to be approved and signed off by a Suitably Qualified Individual whom is NSAI registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 veedub man

Conversion needs to be done by a competent individual to an acceptable standard. The conversion needs to be approved and signed off by a Suitably Qualified Individual whom is NSAI registered.

I know that this was the case but apparently now it has been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

veedub man wrote: »
    I know that this was the case but apparently now it has been changed.

Tantamount to the same thing. Legislation is changed to say you need an SQI to fill in the forms to certify the van is up to an acceptable standard blah blah blah. I've been through this already, as has SteveIre and a few others here. Not that difficult.

They changed the process last year, but only became legislation this year in april.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71298704

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

and vwho are the SQIs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    and vwho are the SQIs?

Most people go down the NSAI route, cosyclassics has an SQI that drops in to their premises every week or so. Charges €150 a pop for a 2 minute visual inspection compared to €25 for an NSAI garage to inspect it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement