Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places you get into around UL without being 18?

Options
  • 03-04-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Yup, pretty much what it says on the tin. Somehow I've landed being only slightly seventeen by the time I'm going to uni, and I'm just wondering how much it's going to impact me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

The swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

The Spar shop,although maybe not....they don't like making profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It's fine. I'm 17 and will be until July. You still get to house parties and some night clubs don't mind too much if you're not overly drunk or silly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭cson

The lodge used to only look for UL student ID back in my day anyway. Mollies too.

Really depends on (i) how young you look (ii) the type of crowd you rock up to the door with and (iii) if your wasted or not.

Threaten any of those 3 variables and you'll have a tough time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

depends how young you look.

• Advertisement

also if you're female you'll probably have a better chance of getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Gender is also important. Much easier for girls to get into places than guys.

Snap :pac:

also just get pals with someone that looks vaguely similar to you and borrow their id.

do 17 year olds have trouble getting served in the stables? don't want to incriminate anyone but i've enver seen anyone refused.

I was ID-ed in my formative years due to my resembling a 12 year old, but since I was of age I was fine.

If you look old enough OP you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paulanother

you will get into the pubs on campus the lodge always and angel lane on a tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paulanother

If you don't get into any of those you can get into my mom every night.

Sure she can take five at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Fine Wines and Chill are grand for ID but Tesco Lidl and Aldi nearly always ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

CiaranMT wrote: »
    I was ID-ed in my formative years due to my resembling a 12 year old, but since I was of age I was fine.

If you look old enough OP you'll be fine.

havent changed much:pac:

Says yer man. Don and James were ID-ed here, gas stuff. You should've come lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Says yer man. Don and James were ID-ed here, gas stuff. You should've come lad!
    Haha the short people dont have much hope so
    I'm depressed here cos I couldn't go:(
    Have a few extra silver bullets for me :p

Advertisement