Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Fav 2 weapons of each class? since the patch

Options
  • 03-04-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys n girls
    i know alot of u spent the first few days going through all the weapons, whereas i spent the first fews day gettting repetitively killed ina tank.
    im wondering if yous could do the honours of listing the best 2/3 weapons for each class so far,
    Assault
    + AK-74M
    + M16A4
    + AEK971
    Engineer
    kit-icon-engineer.png?v=1930 AKS-74u
    kit-icon-engineer.png?v=1930 M4A1
    kit-icon-engineer.png?v=1930 G53
    Support
    kit-icon-support.png?v=1930i have4 no idea
    Camper
    kit-icon-recon.png?v=1930 QBU-88

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

umpsfar wrote: »
    Hi guys n girls
    i know alot of u spent the first few days going through all the weapons, whereas i spent the first fews day gettting repetitively killed ina tank.
    im wondering if yous could do the honours of listing the best 2/3 weapons for each class so far,
    Assault
    + AK-74M
    + M16A4
    + AEK971
    Engineer
    kit-icon-engineer.png?v=1930 AKS-74u
    kit-icon-engineer.png?v=1930 M4A1
    kit-icon-engineer.png?v=1930 G53
    Support
    kit-icon-support.png?v=1930i have4 no idea
    Camper
    kit-icon-recon.png?v=1930 QBU-88

Im not sure best weapon really counts after the patch its more best weapon plus attachments. there so much difference in a weapon with grip/silencer/heavy barrel and so on.

Il try out some engin and support guns and do a list

So far

Medic

M16A3 with flash suppressor (unreal, accurate at any range)

AEK 971 with heavy barrel (when getting suppressed seems to still be able to shot accurately, and is very accurate in burst at range)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

USAS
    USAS
    USAS
    USAS

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Working tru unlocking everything for every gun, and the patch has made it difficult.

Assault
    L85a2 is quite good now.
    Support
    M249
    Engineer
    g36C
    recon
    meh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

870 slug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

SKS- Flash Suppressor, fore-grip, ur choice of sight/ low mag scope ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Working tru unlocking everything for every gun, and the patch has made it difficult.

Assault
    L85a2 is quite good now.
    Support
    M249
    Engineer
    g36C
    recon
    meh
    G36C was my fav, now seems a bit weak in comparrison to the AEK 971

G36C is Engineer, AEK-971 is Medic

I think you may be mixing the aek up with some other gun???

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

G36C is Engineer, AEK-971 is Medic

I think you may be mixing the aek up with some other gun???
    correct. and thanks the AEK-971 is class alright
    ya see, this is why i started this thread :D i havent a breeze

I love the AEK-971 have over 6700 kills with it lol

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Most kills I have with the G36C (1200+), find it difficult to use now. Can't see me using it much now despite it being my go to gun in the past.

Love the AEK too (5th most kills), but admittedly and somewhat surprisingly haven't used it much post-patch. Will have to get reacquainted with it later :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ManTheSam

Assault:
    • AK-74M - General purpose, great gun
    • AN-94 - I like the burst fire, good for ammo conservation
    • PP-19 - My favourite gun in the game, reminds me of Killzone

Support:
    • PP-19
    • Copious amounts of C4
      Other than that I mess around with the MGs

Engineer:
    • PP-19 - Matches my play style on engineer well so I use this

Recon:
    • SV98 - I rarely play recon, but I use this just to spot for the team

I have to say I really like the PP-19. It's a PDW so you can only really expect to hit things up to medium range, but it's pretty fast to bring up, especially with a holo.

I don't like the shotguns in this game too much, they're all overshadowed by the USAS which itself isn't very effective IMO.

I like the suppressive effect of MGs. Very good for defending flags (I have a lot of secret places ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

ManTheSam wrote: »
    I like the suppressive effect of MGs. Very good for defending flags (I have a lot of secretcamping places ;) )

FYP bro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Right, aside from the 870:

Assault - L85A2 (lovely gun, low rate of fire makes it controllable)
    - AK74M iron sights, mans gun :pac:

Engineer - A91
    - HK/G53

Support - C4!
    - M60E4

Recon - M40A5
    - M39 EMR, as a battle rifle instead of a marksman rifle

General - 870MCS
    - MP7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

G363C on engineer was my favourite but I've been having some success with the SG553 since the patch

For medic I've been using the M16A3 and even the AS-VAL which I used to think was a bit too much of a close range weapon but I think they've improved its handling at range.

I've been using Holo scopes rather than red dot lately too and it just seems to work better but I cant understand why.

Oh yeah, the scoped magnum is the king of handguns. It takes a while to get used to it but it's a great backup weapon for taking out snipers and also no-scoping at close range when you are out of ammo.

I was trying slugs with the M1014 shotgun last night and couldnt seem to hit anybody even at close range, I'm not sure if it's to do with suppression or what but when I switched to buckshot I had no bother. It's a fun, satisfying boomstick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Assault -
    M16A3
    M416
    Famas (seems weak now)

Engineer -
    M4A1
    G36C

Support -
    M249
    Going to try some of the others

Recon -
    M40A5
    M98B

General -
    870MCS

I found I'm only now getting used to the balance changes since the patch,when it came out I found I was dying way to easy

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Assault -
    M4A1 (holo,foregrip,silencer)

Engineer -
    PP-19

Support -
    M60E4 (firing bursts with bipod is ridiculously accurate)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

As medic I use an-94. The gun is unbelievable since the update. As an Engineer I used to only use the m4a1 but with the change in attachments I don't like the gun at all, so I am now using the g53. Since this patch I don't find the engineer as effective. And it takes far too long to repair tanks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Assault
    AN-94 (Russian Holo, Underslung Rail, Heavy Barrel, Smoke Launcher)
    L85A2 (Iron Sight, Flash Supp.)

Engineer
    G36C (Holo, Bipod, Heavy Barrel)

Support
    PKP Pecheneg (Iron Sight, Foregrip, Extended Mags)

Recon
    M40A5 (Rifle Scope, SPB, Laser Sight)
    M98B (P-KA, SPB, Laser Sight)
    SKS (Holo, Foregrip, Laser Sight)
    M39 EMR (Holo, Foregrip, Suppressor)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Medic the AEK is pretty good if you have a heavy barrel and grip to counteract the ridiculous bounce you get from it. It's TTK is really low

Personally I can't see past the G36C grip and laser sight when using the engineer. Although the M4 is also good.

Glad to see the USAS frag rounds nerfed beyond belief. That thing was like an LAV pre patch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I agree about the G36C, it's really good as long as you don't try to shoot people far away. A-91 with foregrip and laser sight is crazy good for tight maps while needing to be an engi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Question... is there any difference at all between the M16A3 and the M16A4? Seems odd to have basically 2 of the same gun.

I'm currently in the process of trying to get all the unlocks for assault and engie guns so my two most used guns for each class would be:

Assault: M16A3 with holo - foregrip - heavy barrel or AEK with holo - foregrip - flash suppressor

Engie: G53 with PKAS holo - foregrip - flash suppressor or Scar with holo - foregrip - heavy barrel

I do sometimes revert to the M4A1 with holo - foregrip and flash light for engie as it makes mince meat out of most people, or switch it up to the MP7 with extended mag and laser sight when running support or recon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

M16A4 has burstfire of 3 rounds, good for long distance, not so great short up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

M16A4 has burstfire of 3 rounds, good for long distance, not so great short up close.

Think the M16A2 in BC2 was the same

Advertisement