Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda ML10 Form?

Options
  • 03-04-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I was in Permanent TSB today and was told that to open an account I would need a photo ID.

I told the guy I didn't have one and he said an ML10 form would be acceptable but was unsure whether or not they were still available.

So, basically what I'm asking is, are they still available, and what is involved with them?

Thanks for your help folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You can get them at a Garda station. Bring a passport photo. The garda will have to be satisfied as to your identity before he signs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Avatargh

MagicSean wrote: »
    The garda will have to be satisfied as to your identity before he signs it.

Just bring a photo ID...you'll be fine.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

MagicSean wrote: »
    You can get them at a Garda station. Bring a passport photo. The garda will have to be satisfied as to your identity before he signs it.

The Gardai no longer do ml10 forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Is that right enough?
    How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

thats definately wrong. i filled out one today for someone. they are still being used.

in realtion to getting them as said you have to be able to satisfy the guard to your identity. so its best if you actually know a guard and can arrange to meet them in the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Is it possible to take one with you and have it signed outside the Garda station?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Is it possible to take one with you and have it signed outside the Garda station?

It needs to be signed by the member and stamped with the station stamp, so no.

Advertisement