Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy 12 Volt Leisure Battery

Options
  • 03-04-2012 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking for a new 12V leisure battery for my motorhome. Can anyone recommend any value for money brands or places to buy?

(Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford area)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I bought mine in Halfords I think. Ended up cheaper than the motor factors and wasn't much more than a starter battery afair. circa €100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

what size? 017 , 067 , etc?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Marine parts direct have them, have a look here for a price.http://www.marineparts.ie/electrical/batteries/marine-batteries/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Another option is Ashgrove Interparts in Dublin and Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jolly Days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

Camping Crazy in New Ross. Battery was not cheap but reasonable postage and battery is top class.

We sell/fit NuMax ones here . Find them very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Camping Crazy in New Ross. Battery was not cheap but reasonable postage and battery is top class.

used same company, have battery installed a year and still in tip top shape ,BTW was cheaper than halfords by a long shot.

http://www.satellitetv.ie/deep_cycle_batteries/elecsol_125amp

Carbon fibre plates don't damaged from plate sulphation from being left discharged.

I'd recommend two 125ah or the 220ah model if you plan on using it for 3+ days at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Replaced mine last year at Anchorpoint motorhomes, Birdhill. Great service and advice. No probs to date. Highly recommend them. Talk to James.

• Advertisement

http://www.satellitetv.ie/deep_cycle_batteries/elecsol_125amp

Carbon fibre plates don't damaged from plate sulphation from being left discharged.

I'd recommend two 125ah or the 220ah model if you plan on using it for 3+ days at a time.

s'funny , I've replaced a few of them , that have gone dead inside 2 or 3 years.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    s'funny , I've replaced a few of them , that have gone dead inside 2 or 3 years.

:rolleyes:
    you can still destroy them by other traditional methods such as overcharging; charging above 14.4v which most alternators will happily do or charging too long; where battery is held above 14v for too long and starts to boil and the acid turns to water...often from charging while having a load on, charging too early in the cycle >80%, repeated aggressive discharging, prolonged discharge (over two weeks), loading while discharged etc.

They have a 5 year guarantee, subject to adherence to proper maintenence

Aye , have to agree with you there , most dedicated "leisure" batteries seem to get fried by the alternator banging out 14v and loads of amps . Especially dry fit , gel ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Same as

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭alanclarke1975

I dunno - you might find this interesting. I remember watching it on TV and what i got from it was - Cheap leisure batteries are no different to car batteries.

Its only when you spend big bucks..

Sure have a look and decide yourselves.

http://caravanchannel.co.uk/videos?vid=164

Advertisement