Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to London for Music

Options
  • 02-04-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello,

I am planning on moving to London for work and am hoping to get a job in or around that area. I am also very interested in playing many open mic nights and doing as many gigs as possible during the time I am there. I feel it would be a great experience and hope to possibly get my name out too.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for places to do gigs or what to expect?

Know any places in England which I consider going to?

Recommendations?

Would be great if someone could give me an insight to what its like to be a musician trying to get gigs over there.

Btw I am a solo act I play acoustic guitar and sing and use some extra equipment like a loop station to help create a fuller, bigger sound.

Any input appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

I'm attempting to get a project off the ground called I-GIGS it helps Irish acts in London, send me bio and links to music and i'll see what i can do

info@igigs.org

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Hello,

I am planning on moving to London for work and am hoping to get a job in or around that area. I am also very interested in playing many open mic nights and doing as many gigs as possible during the time I am there. I feel it would be a great experience and hope to possibly get my name out too.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for places to do gigs or what to expect?

Know any places in England which I consider going to?

Recommendations?

Would be great if someone could give me an insight to what its like to be a musician trying to get gigs over there.

Btw I am a solo act I play acoustic guitar and sing and use some extra equipment like a loop station to help create a fuller, bigger sound.

Any input appreciated, cheers.

Try the Gipsy Hill Tavern in Gipsy Hill. Frank owns and manages the place. He loves live music.

Ash played there on their A-Z tour and there have been other musicians of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Sunny86 wrote: »
    I'm attempting to get a project off the ground called I-GIGS it helps Irish acts in London...
    When you say Irish, are you referring to nationality or musical genre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

djpbarry wrote: »
    When you say Irish, are you referring to nationality or musical genre?
    Nationality:
    http://igigs.org/?page_id=18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ChoralClam

http://thestagedoor.co.uk/music/

Near waterloo. Great pub, used to be my work local. Dave is the owner and also a musician. Lovely guy.

Door Jam is their open mic night and usually good standard.

Down in south wimbledon The Nelson Arms has one wed night i think, you can find them on facebook.

• Advertisement
Advertisement