Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reimbursement from management company / landlord

Options
  • 02-04-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    Im hoping someone will be able to give me advise.
    I have been renting the same apartment for 2.5 years with my boyfriend. Rent is paid by direct debit and has ALWAYS been paid on time. We rarely contact the management company....in the 2.5 years we have contacted them approx. 5 times- once when there was a leak in our bathroom and the remainder 4 times for the problem i am encountering now.....
    our washing machine has started to rip our clothes. It does not happen all the time ....it has happened on 3 separate occasions in the last 6 months. The first time i thought perhaps there was something in the washing machine but checked all the clothes and checked the washer after...there was nothing in it. I thought it was a fluke so didnt bother the management company with it. It ripped a pair of trousers and they were old enough so i wasnt that upset about it. The second time it ripped one of my favourite dresses, a tshirt. I contacted the management company and they said they would get someone out to look at the machine. Some engineers looked at it and said there was nothing wrong with it. In January the washine machine just seized up completely mid wash. I contacted the management company again and a guy came out to look at it again. He removed a pair of my underwear which had jammed in the drum...but again they were ripped to pieces. He said it would be fine then. I purchased 4 tops in the last month (still have receipts) and low and behold the washing machine has ripped one of them when i washed it. I was absolutely FURIOUS called the management company again and said this was my 4th time to call them about the same issue......and that now I have had 5 items of clothing ripped and that they needed to rectify the problem immediately. I am just wondering what my rights are with regard to getting them to pay for the clothes that have been ripped????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Getting money out of a Management Company is akin to getting blood from a stone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement