Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick - Bikram Yoga

Options
  • 02-04-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of going to the new bikram yoga place in Ballysimon: http://www.bikramyogalimerick.ie/about.html

E49 seems like great value for money for the first month though I might not like it or 'fit in'.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

My sister goes to their place in Cork and loves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

I know a few people doing it and they love it! It is intense given the heat involved but apparently its very rewarding.

As for fitting in its a very wide range of people who are doing it from what I've seen when people are heading to the classes. (I go to beefit which is downstairs)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PaddyKeogh

You can see everyone and anyone in Bikram - all ages, genders, shapes and sizes. I've been doing yoga (other types) for a good few years and Bikram definitely has the widest variety of people. Also, the €49 is the best value for money ever. I've been going since Cora opened the doors up in February and signed up to the monthly subscriptions once the €49 ran out. The classes are great and well worth it. I won't deny there are times when you are in the class and you wonder 'why am I doing this?' and somedays it's really tough but it's really down to yourself i.e. how well prepared you are and how much you are willing to put into the class.
    The teachers always tell you that all you have to do is stay in the room and that everything else you do is a bonus.

Believe me, the benefits far outweigh the cost and discomfort but be sure to drink gallons of water before and after!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've done it and I would recommend it to everyone to try, it isn't really suitable to me cause of having to drive back to Ennis afterwards is a bit much.

My take on the place would be, it's very clean, the staff are very nice, there's a good mix of men and women as well as shapes and sizes. As Paddy says, drink plenty of water before and after.

Advertisement