Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overlay WebPages

Options
  • 02-04-2012 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Im looking for Some Jquery plugin that will allow me to have an Overlay WebPage inside my Website just like the one i can see on

http://www.dominos.ie/

Does any one know where i can find one..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Thanks for that Site,

Is their a Simpler one around, That seem
    To have alot of Booleans and Arrays,

just looking for a Blank one with Source code.

Im looking at maybe of having a Blank One and being able to use HTML 5 to place my Labels and Text Fields into it, same as what you do with a Div and Hid it and once a user clicks the div shows

in this case its an Overlay Site .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Cork24 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Site,

Is their a Simpler one around, That seem
    To have alot of Booleans and Arrays,

just looking for a Blank one with Source code.

Im looking at maybe of having a Blank One and being able to use HTML 5 to place my Labels and Text Fields into it, same as what you do with a Div and Hid it and once a user clicks the div shows

in this case its an Overlay Site .

Something like this may suit better? Shows an iframe inside a modal box

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I dunno how you can get simpler than the one I showed you. The source is all there. Just expand that.

Failing that, hit the Google stick with "JQuery modal dialog" and see if anything takes your fancy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Thanks for both the Links you gave where do I place the HTML code ? And java script to be placed in the overlay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Cork24 wrote: »
    Thanks for both the Links you gave where do I place the HTML code ? And java script to be placed in the overlay

You use an iframe. So you have a page.html and then link to that in <iframe src="page.html" ... > for eg. With JQuery you put the JavaScript code below the Jquery include. This is important, otherwise it wont work as webpages render from top down.
    Your best bet is to follow the instructions on the site I linked to, they are fairly easy to understand, and seem to do what your looking for

Nick

Edit: Examples you can use here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

Simple modal all the way.

Asking for code on an online forum, then asking where exactly it should be put and simply adhering to what is said is a good way to cause yourself problems by the way. Simple Modal comes with an apt amount of very user-friendly instructions, if you're not bothered reading them then you may be best off not using code that you've no understanding of on your website.

Advertisement